Jul 31, 2015, 3:22 AM EDT
It’s fortunate this one didn’t get ugly.
Jul 19, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
18 innings of offensive ineptitude was on display in St. Louis as the Cardinals and the Mets played their series finale on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 9, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Good news on two fronts for the Cardinals this evening.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jul 7, 2015, 3:57 PM EDT
He’ll likely be evaluated for a concussion.
Jun 27, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Bob Costas veered into the dark in calling Pedro Strop’s ouster from Friday’s game against the Cardinals.
Jun 9, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
And zero Kansas City Royals!
May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Cardinals won again in walk-off fashion and now own baseball’s best record.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
It’s getting uglier and uglier for the Brew Crew.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 13, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
A.K.A. When Joe West’s crew bungles a call.
Apr 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
The game will be broadcast on ESPN2. First pitch at Wrigley Field is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET.
Mar 30, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
That Nationals don’t need another injury. But they may have one.
Mar 21, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Joey Terdoslavich turned an abnormal double play Saturday against the Cardinals.
Mar 18, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
The Cardinals have advanced to the NLCS in nine of the last 15 seasons — 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Can this 2015 group follow in those footsteps?
Jan 19, 2015, 8:02 AM EDT
Many awards were handed out at the 57th annual St. Louis BBWAA Dinner on Sunday night, but it was an informal one from Bud Selig that really stood out.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:11 AM EDT
Letting Shelby Miller bat in the fourth was baffling, but it wasn’t Matheny’s only bad call in Game 4.
Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Madison Bumgarner — the hottest starting pitcher remaining in this postseason — can pitch the Giants to the 2014 World Series with a victory in Game 5 of the NLCS on Thursday night in San Francisco.
Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
The Cardinals are trying to get the National League Championship Series back to St. Louis, and they’re off to a decent start here in Game 4 at AT&T Park.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)