Feb 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
MLBPA executive director Tony Clark will be keeping a close eye on how the Cubs handle the eventual promotion of prospect Kris Bryant.
Feb 24, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Last year’s experiment in which Ramirez was a player/coach for the Cubs’ Triple-A team was a success. Now it’s a real job.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Baseball top’s prospect is a third baseman normally.
Feb 19, 2015, 11:01 PM EST
Bryant earned top honors after batting .325 with a 1.098 OPS while leading the minors with 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season.
Jul 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Tomorrow is the deadline for draft picks to sign and Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports that the Marlins have agreed to a deal with No. 6 overall pick Colin Moran. According to Rodriguez, the University of North Carolina third baseman is getting the slot recommended bonus for the sixth pick,…
Jul 10, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
No. 2 overall pick Kris Bryant and the Cubs have agreed to a deal ahead of Friday’s deadline for draft picks to sign. And despite all the headlines about Bryant holding out for more money than the Cubs were comfortable paying Jim Callis of Baseball America reports that the San Diego third baseman will get…
Jul 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that Padres first-round pick Hunter Renfroe is in San Diego today in order to take his physical, the final step before finalizing his contract. Renfroe, a 22-year-old outfielder out of Mississippi State, was selected No. 13 overall in last month’s First-Year Player Draft. No word yet on the terms involved,…
Jul 8, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
With only five days remaining until the deadline to sign this year’s draft picks the Cubs and No. 2 overall pick Kris Bryant are still negotiating. Here’s what general manager Jed Hoyer told Carrie Muskat of MLB.com: There’s no update. We basically have four or five days left of discussions. We’re confident we’ll get it…
Jun 26, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
No. 1 pick Mark Appel has already signed, as have 3-4-5 picks Jonathan Gray, Kohl Stewart, and Clint Frazier, but Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that No. 2 pick Kris Bryant is “nowhere close to a deal” with the Cubs. July 15 is the deadline for the Cubs to sign the San Diego slugger who…
Jun 19, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
No. 4 pick Kohl Stewart and the Twins have agreed to a deal and Jim Callis of Baseball America reports that the high school right-hander from Texas will get the exact slot bonus amount of $4,544,400. Minnesota was linked to Stewart throughout the draft process and several reports suggested that the Twins would have taken…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)