Feb 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
MLBPA executive director Tony Clark will be keeping a close eye on how the Cubs handle the eventual promotion of prospect Kris Bryant.
Feb 24, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Last year’s experiment in which Ramirez was a player/coach for the Cubs’ Triple-A team was a success. Now it’s a real job.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
Baseball top’s prospect is a third baseman normally.
Feb 19, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Bryant earned top honors after batting .325 with a 1.098 OPS while leading the minors with 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season.
Jul 11, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Tomorrow is the deadline for draft picks to sign and Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports that the Marlins have agreed to a deal with No. 6 overall pick Colin Moran. According to Rodriguez, the University of North Carolina third baseman is getting the slot recommended bonus for the sixth pick,…
Jul 10, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
No. 2 overall pick Kris Bryant and the Cubs have agreed to a deal ahead of Friday’s deadline for draft picks to sign. And despite all the headlines about Bryant holding out for more money than the Cubs were comfortable paying Jim Callis of Baseball America reports that the San Diego third baseman will get…
Jul 8, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that Padres first-round pick Hunter Renfroe is in San Diego today in order to take his physical, the final step before finalizing his contract. Renfroe, a 22-year-old outfielder out of Mississippi State, was selected No. 13 overall in last month’s First-Year Player Draft. No word yet on the terms involved,…
Jul 8, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
With only five days remaining until the deadline to sign this year’s draft picks the Cubs and No. 2 overall pick Kris Bryant are still negotiating. Here’s what general manager Jed Hoyer told Carrie Muskat of MLB.com: There’s no update. We basically have four or five days left of discussions. We’re confident we’ll get it…
Jun 26, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
No. 1 pick Mark Appel has already signed, as have 3-4-5 picks Jonathan Gray, Kohl Stewart, and Clint Frazier, but Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that No. 2 pick Kris Bryant is “nowhere close to a deal” with the Cubs. July 15 is the deadline for the Cubs to sign the San Diego slugger who…
Jun 19, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
No. 4 pick Kohl Stewart and the Twins have agreed to a deal and Jim Callis of Baseball America reports that the high school right-hander from Texas will get the exact slot bonus amount of $4,544,400. Minnesota was linked to Stewart throughout the draft process and several reports suggested that the Twins would have taken…
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)