Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Tigers and Royals both lost, which means that the AL Central won’t be decided until Sunday afternoon.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Yesterday’s rainout could prevent Phil Hughes from collecting an innings bonus.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Kyle Gibson has had an up-and-down first full season for the Twins and now he may wind up on the disabled list with a back injury.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
Apr 17, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson was fantastic this afternoon against the Blue Jays, shutting them out for eight innings of four-hit ball. Gibson struck out four, walked one, and lowered his ERA to 0.93 on the season.
Mar 30, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Minnesota Twins. The Big Question: Did the Twins improve their starting rotation enough? Prior to this offseason the most…
Mar 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins have given the final spot in their starting rotation to pitching prospect Kyle Gibson. Gibson, 26, has been listed as one of baseball’s top-100 prospects going into the 2010, 2011, and 2013 seasons by both Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus. The rotation…
Aug 19, 2013, 5:47 PM EST
Kyle Gibson struggled again today versus the Mets, giving him a 5.63 ERA through 10 career starts, and immediately after the game the Twins demoted him back to Triple-A. This is Gibson’s first full season back from Tommy John elbow surgery and it’s possible that his poor performance in the majors is simply due to…
Mar 14, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Kyle Gibson initially showed enough promise in his return from Tommy John elbow surgery that securing a spot in the Twins’ rotation seemed possible, but today they optioned the former first-round pick to Triple-A. Gibson’s velocity has actually improved since going under the knife, but he’ll be on an innings limit after missing nearly all…
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)