Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Tigers and Royals both lost, which means that the AL Central won’t be decided until Sunday afternoon.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Yesterday’s rainout could prevent Phil Hughes from collecting an innings bonus.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Kyle Gibson has had an up-and-down first full season for the Twins and now he may wind up on the disabled list with a back injury.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
Apr 17, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson was fantastic this afternoon against the Blue Jays, shutting them out for eight innings of four-hit ball. Gibson struck out four, walked one, and lowered his ERA to 0.93 on the season.
Mar 30, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Minnesota Twins. The Big Question: Did the Twins improve their starting rotation enough? Prior to this offseason the most…
Mar 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins have given the final spot in their starting rotation to pitching prospect Kyle Gibson. Gibson, 26, has been listed as one of baseball’s top-100 prospects going into the 2010, 2011, and 2013 seasons by both Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus. The rotation…
Aug 19, 2013, 5:47 PM EST
Kyle Gibson struggled again today versus the Mets, giving him a 5.63 ERA through 10 career starts, and immediately after the game the Twins demoted him back to Triple-A. This is Gibson’s first full season back from Tommy John elbow surgery and it’s possible that his poor performance in the majors is simply due to…
Mar 14, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Kyle Gibson initially showed enough promise in his return from Tommy John elbow surgery that securing a spot in the Twins’ rotation seemed possible, but today they optioned the former first-round pick to Triple-A. Gibson’s velocity has actually improved since going under the knife, but he’ll be on an innings limit after missing nearly all…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)