May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
Apr 29, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
Minnesota already has Ricky Nolasco on the disabled list and Ervin Santana suspended until July.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Tigers and Royals both lost, which means that the AL Central won’t be decided until Sunday afternoon.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Yesterday’s rainout could prevent Phil Hughes from collecting an innings bonus.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kyle Gibson has had an up-and-down first full season for the Twins and now he may wind up on the disabled list with a back injury.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
Apr 17, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson was fantastic this afternoon against the Blue Jays, shutting them out for eight innings of four-hit ball. Gibson struck out four, walked one, and lowered his ERA to 0.93 on the season.
Mar 30, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Minnesota Twins. The Big Question: Did the Twins improve their starting rotation enough? Prior to this offseason the most…
Mar 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins have given the final spot in their starting rotation to pitching prospect Kyle Gibson. Gibson, 26, has been listed as one of baseball’s top-100 prospects going into the 2010, 2011, and 2013 seasons by both Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus. The rotation…
Aug 19, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
Kyle Gibson struggled again today versus the Mets, giving him a 5.63 ERA through 10 career starts, and immediately after the game the Twins demoted him back to Triple-A. This is Gibson’s first full season back from Tommy John elbow surgery and it’s possible that his poor performance in the majors is simply due to…
Mar 14, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Kyle Gibson initially showed enough promise in his return from Tommy John elbow surgery that securing a spot in the Twins’ rotation seemed possible, but today they optioned the former first-round pick to Triple-A. Gibson’s velocity has actually improved since going under the knife, but he’ll be on an innings limit after missing nearly all…
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)