Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Tigers and Royals both lost, which means that the AL Central won’t be decided until Sunday afternoon.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Yesterday’s rainout could prevent Phil Hughes from collecting an innings bonus.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kyle Gibson has had an up-and-down first full season for the Twins and now he may wind up on the disabled list with a back injury.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Three runs on three homers in this one. All in the tenth inning.
Apr 17, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson was fantastic this afternoon against the Blue Jays, shutting them out for eight innings of four-hit ball. Gibson struck out four, walked one, and lowered his ERA to 0.93 on the season.
Mar 30, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Minnesota Twins. The Big Question: Did the Twins improve their starting rotation enough? Prior to this offseason the most…
Mar 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins have given the final spot in their starting rotation to pitching prospect Kyle Gibson. Gibson, 26, has been listed as one of baseball’s top-100 prospects going into the 2010, 2011, and 2013 seasons by both Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus. The rotation…
Aug 19, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
Kyle Gibson struggled again today versus the Mets, giving him a 5.63 ERA through 10 career starts, and immediately after the game the Twins demoted him back to Triple-A. This is Gibson’s first full season back from Tommy John elbow surgery and it’s possible that his poor performance in the majors is simply due to…
Mar 14, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Kyle Gibson initially showed enough promise in his return from Tommy John elbow surgery that securing a spot in the Twins’ rotation seemed possible, but today they optioned the former first-round pick to Triple-A. Gibson’s velocity has actually improved since going under the knife, but he’ll be on an innings limit after missing nearly all…
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)