Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
With a glut of second base candidates available to the White Sox, Gordon Beckham could be the odd man out.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:21 AM EDT
Notes from a wild game in Chicago.
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 AM EDT
The Blue Jays 2013 plan worked out pretty well for their second game in 2014. And Jonathan Papelbon shows us the meaning of accountability. In his own special way.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
In today’s column for the Boston Globe, Nick Cafardo writes that the Twins have interest in White Sox outfielder Alejandro De Aza. 1500 ESPN’s Darren Wolfson reported on Friday that some in the Twins’ front office are fans of De Aza’s. The White Sox will use De Aza as a utility outfielder with Dayan Viciedo…
Jun 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler has been activated from the disabled list and will bat leadoff and play second base this afternoon against the Blue Jays. In turn, the Rangers have optioned Leury Garcia to Triple-A Round Rock and will keep Jurickson Profar around in a utility role. Kinsler has been sidelined since May 17 due to a…
Mar 24, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Roadblocked by Ian Kinsler at second base and Elvis Andrus at shortstop, Rangers top prospect Jurickson Profar will likely begin the season with Triple-A Round Rock, according to T.R. Sullivan: The Rangers are leaning heavily on keeping Leury Garcia as their utility infielder so that Profar can play every day at Triple-A Round Rock. The…
Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers have signed utility infielder Jeff Baker to a minor league contract. The deal carries an invitation to spring training, where Baker will attempt to win a spot on the Texas bench. Baker, 31, batted .239/.279/.378 with four homers and 25 RBI in 201 plate appearances last season between…
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)