Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EST
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
With a glut of second base candidates available to the White Sox, Gordon Beckham could be the odd man out.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EST
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:21 AM EST
Notes from a wild game in Chicago.
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 AM EST
The Blue Jays 2013 plan worked out pretty well for their second game in 2014. And Jonathan Papelbon shows us the meaning of accountability. In his own special way.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
In today’s column for the Boston Globe, Nick Cafardo writes that the Twins have interest in White Sox outfielder Alejandro De Aza. 1500 ESPN’s Darren Wolfson reported on Friday that some in the Twins’ front office are fans of De Aza’s. The White Sox will use De Aza as a utility outfielder with Dayan Viciedo…
Jun 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Ian Kinsler has been activated from the disabled list and will bat leadoff and play second base this afternoon against the Blue Jays. In turn, the Rangers have optioned Leury Garcia to Triple-A Round Rock and will keep Jurickson Profar around in a utility role. Kinsler has been sidelined since May 17 due to a…
Mar 24, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Roadblocked by Ian Kinsler at second base and Elvis Andrus at shortstop, Rangers top prospect Jurickson Profar will likely begin the season with Triple-A Round Rock, according to T.R. Sullivan: The Rangers are leaning heavily on keeping Leury Garcia as their utility infielder so that Profar can play every day at Triple-A Round Rock. The…
Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 AM EST
Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers have signed utility infielder Jeff Baker to a minor league contract. The deal carries an invitation to spring training, where Baker will attempt to win a spot on the Texas bench. Baker, 31, batted .239/.279/.378 with four homers and 25 RBI in 201 plate appearances last season between…
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)