May 2, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
The Cubs had an unfortunate series of events lead to a little league home run for Brewers outfielder Logan Schafer.
Jul 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Ryan Braun suffered from back spasms in Saturday’s game against the Reds and left before taking the field in the bottom of the second inning.
May 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Ryan Braun’s batting practice session at Miller Park today went well and Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the former MVP told Brewers coaches that he expects to return from a strained oblique muscle when he’s eligible Tuesday.
May 3, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
The Brewers tried to wait out Ryan Braun’s strained oblique, but they finally placed him on the disabled list today.
May 2, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
The Brewers may have to put their slugging outfielder on the disabled list with an oblique injury, but he may not be gone for all that long.
Apr 2, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
Here’s to jinxes.
Sep 18, 2013, 6:18 AM EDT
Rangers 7, Rays 1: The Rangers finally snap the skid. Ian Kinsler and Elvis Andrus homered and drove in three runs each to pull Texas back into a tie with Tampa Bay at the top of the wild card standings. Indians 5, Royals 3: Kansas City took a 3-0 lead into the sixth with the Indians…
Aug 17, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo blanked the Reds over six and one-third innings of work, allowing three hits and two walks while striking out three in his first start after returning from the disabled list. He had been out since July 31 with a strained left hamstring. He sat in the high-80’s and low 90’s with…
Aug 15, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder and NL MVP candidate Carlos Gomez was taken out of tonight’s game against the Reds after making a spectacular catch against the wall in center field in the top of the fourth inning. Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips led off the inning by drilling a fastball to straightaway center. Gomez leaped and grabbed…
Jun 30, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Via Michael Hunt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Leftfielder Ryan Braun, on the disabled list the last two weeks with a right hand injury, is scheduled to swing the bat again Tuesday in Washington. Braun had been shut down from baseball activities while trying to allow the injury time to heal. “Today was about as good as…
Jun 25, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
From Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel comes word that center fielder Carlos Gomez is not in the Brewers’ starting lineup on Tuesday evening against the Cubs because of lingering discomfort in his left shoulder. Gomez was diagnosed with a left shoulder sprain on Sunday afternoon after leaping into the center field wall to make…
Jun 9, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun left in the third inning of this afternoon’s series finale against the Phillies due to a nagging thumb injury. He struck out in the first inning and was subsequently replaced by Logan Schafer in left field in the third. Braun hasn’t homered since May 22 against the Dodgers. To boot, he…
Jun 5, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Last night Ryan Braun took the field just moments after ESPN published a report suggesting he could face a suspension for involvement with the Biogenesis clinic. He addressed the media after the game, saying a lot without actually saying much, and now he’s out of the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game. Of course, Braun has…
Mar 1, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
It was a long offseason, my friends. A light winter in these parts but a harsh one all the same. The usual offseason non-stories seemed even less-satisfying than normal. On a personal level, I spent many long, dark hours searching for meaning and happiness in a world that seemed uncompromising, unforgiving and indifferent to humanity.…
Feb 12, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
With Prince Fielder‘s departure assured, the last thing the 2011 NL Central champion Brewers needed was to lose Ryan Braun for a third of the season. It’s likely to happen, though, even if his appeal is still pending. The rotation should be strong enough to keep the Brewers in the race while Braun is out,…
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 105
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (106)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)