Oct 24, 2014, 7:13 AM EDT
We’re tied 1-1. I guess that doesn’t make Game 3 “crucial.” Maybe it makes it “pivotal.” Not sure. Gonna have to consult my baseball cliche dictionary.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Aoki’s defense has been an issue throughout the postseason, with Yost frequently taking him out late in games.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura held the Giants to two runs over five-plus innings and the Kansas City offense awoke for seven runs on 10 hits as the Royals evened up the 2014 World Series at a win apiece with a 7-2 Game 2 victory on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The host Royals have the visiting Giants right where they want them in Game 2 of the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
The Giants jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning Tuesday before eventually winning Game 1 of the World Series in a 7-1 rout. And they got off to another fast start in Game 2 on Wednesday night, but the Royals were able to answer right back.
Oct 22, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 21, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner vs. James Shields.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
The Royals are winners again. That word Buck loathed, that word “unbelievable,” lost some ground.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain was named ALCS MVP after going 8-for-15 (.533) with five runs scored in Kansas City’s four-game sweep of the Orioles.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Ned Yost always bunts. Ned Yost always wins.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Statcast, the new 3D tracking technology from MLB Advanced Media, gives us this cool look at Lorenzo Cain scoring from second base on Eric Hosmer’s first-inning two-run bloop single in ALCS Game 2 …
Oct 11, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Watch Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain make an incredible snag in the sixth inning of ALCS Game 2 against the Orioles.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
Game 2 of the ALCS is tied up at four apiece going into the ninth inning.
Oct 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
After defeating the Orioles in 10 innings in Game 1 of the ALCS last night, the Royals are off to a quick start this afternoon.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura vs. Bud Norris.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:07 AM EDT
So much weirdness packed into 10 innings.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Chris Tillman didn’t go nearly as deep into his ALCS Game 1 start against the Royals as the Orioles had hoped. He failed to make it out of the fifth inning on Friday.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The Royals battered Orioles starter Chris Tillman for four runs in the third inning of ALCS Game 1.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
James Shields vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)