Sep 4, 2015, 7:29 AM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez hit two homers for the second straight night.
Aug 12, 2015, 7:12 AM EDT
All 15 home teams won yesterday. That has never happened since there have been 30 teams in baseball. Madison Bumgarner pitched fantastically. That happens all the time.
Jul 20, 2015, 2:36 PM EDT
Remember: “Playing the game the right way” = “trying to seriously injure someone out of anger at your own inability to play better than they do”
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Lorenzo Cain showed some power in the 13th inning to help the Royals overcome the White Sox.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:43 PM EDT
Mike Trout homered, scored twice and took part in a third scoring play as he picked up the MVP Award and led the American League to victory.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:09 PM EDT
Mike Trout hustled to first to foil a would-be double play and then came around to score.
Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
First pitch is 8:15. Here is everything you need to know.
Jul 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Some interesting choices by managers Ned Yost and Bruce Bochy.
Jul 10, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Lorenzo Cain let the facts do the talking in a dispute with home plate umpire Chris Segal, but it didn’t matter.
Jul 10, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
The midwest continued to own the All-Star voting, with both winners of the Final Vote for the 2015 All-Star Game coming out of the state of Missouri.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Justin Verlander, doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
Find out who made the starting rosters for the AL and NL squads in the 2015 All-Star Game. Spoiler: no Omar Infante.
Jun 20, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval and Blake Swihart suffered injuries on Saturday against the Royals.
Jun 15, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
Jun 8, 2015, 2:32 PM EDT
Kansas City currently has the top vote-getter at seven positions.
Apr 30, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
Ventura was suspended for his part in a benches-clearing brawl against the White Sox last Thursday.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
Six players were suspended for Thursday’s benches-clearing brawl between the White Sox and Royals. Yordano Ventura got the longest suspension with seven games.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Five players were ejected after Thursday’s benches-clearing brawl between the White Sox and Royals, but there was also some drama behind the scenes.
Apr 23, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
The Royals were involved in yet more drama. This time it involved the White Sox.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 19, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
More Athletics/Royals drama unfolded on Sunday.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Lorenzo Cain crashed into the outfield wall to make an excellent running catch against the White Sox this afternoon, but it takes a pretty incredible play for it not to be the best catch of the day. Take it away, Adam Eaton…
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)