Oct 25, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
The Giants rallied against Jason Vargas and the Royals’ bullpen to tie Game 4 of the World Series at 4-4.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Royals rallied and now lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the World Series.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Jason Vargas vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The Royals extended their lead over the Giants to 3-0 thanks to an Alex Gordon RBI double and an Eric Hosmer RBI single in the top of the sixth inning of Game 3 of the World Series.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
The Royals have a narrow lead through the first three innings of Game 3 of the World Series against the Giants.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Tim Hudson.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:13 AM EDT
We’re tied 1-1. I guess that doesn’t make Game 3 “crucial.” Maybe it makes it “pivotal.” Not sure. Gonna have to consult my baseball cliche dictionary.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Aoki’s defense has been an issue throughout the postseason, with Yost frequently taking him out late in games.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:34 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura held the Giants to two runs over five-plus innings and the Kansas City offense awoke for seven runs on 10 hits as the Royals evened up the 2014 World Series at a win apiece with a 7-2 Game 2 victory on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The host Royals have the visiting Giants right where they want them in Game 2 of the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
The Giants jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning Tuesday before eventually winning Game 1 of the World Series in a 7-1 rout. And they got off to another fast start in Game 2 on Wednesday night, but the Royals were able to answer right back.
Oct 22, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Jake Peavy vs. Yordano Ventura.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 21, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner vs. James Shields.
Oct 16, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
The Royals are winners again. That word Buck loathed, that word “unbelievable,” lost some ground.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain was named ALCS MVP after going 8-for-15 (.533) with five runs scored in Kansas City’s four-game sweep of the Orioles.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Ned Yost always bunts. Ned Yost always wins.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Statcast, the new 3D tracking technology from MLB Advanced Media, gives us this cool look at Lorenzo Cain scoring from second base on Eric Hosmer’s first-inning two-run bloop single in ALCS Game 2 …
Oct 11, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Watch Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain make an incredible snag in the sixth inning of ALCS Game 2 against the Orioles.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
Game 2 of the ALCS is tied up at four apiece going into the ninth inning.
Oct 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
After defeating the Orioles in 10 innings in Game 1 of the ALCS last night, the Royals are off to a quick start this afternoon.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)