Los Angeles Angels
Sep 3, 2015, 7:55 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw strikes out 15 as the Dodgers sweep the Giants.
Sep 2, 2015, 7:22 PM EDT
Pujols is now just one of four players in the history of Major League Baseball to reach the 35-homer plateau in 10 of his first 15 major league seasons.
Sep 1, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Matt Williams wears sunglasses like this so you cannot tell that he is asleep.
Aug 31, 2015, 7:53 PM EDT
Kiermaier makes a leaping catch to rob Manny Machado of a home run.
Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 29, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
Well done by the Trouts and the Angels.
Aug 26, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
Verlander still managed to go the distance against a good Angels offense for his first shutout since 2012.
Aug 26, 2015, 9:26 PM EDT
It is August 26, 2015 and Justin Verlander has a no-hitter going against the Mike Trout-led Angels.
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 25, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Grant Green will fill in at second base.
Aug 23, 2015, 8:54 AM EDT
Your box scores and AP recaps from Saturday …
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 18, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Cowart, the 18th overall pick in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft, has batted .323/.395/.491 with six home runs and 45 RBI in 62 games this season at the Triple-A level.
Aug 18, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
It’s a baseball, man. Let it go.
Aug 18, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Other than a pitcher getting a comebacker to the face and a couple of walkoffs, it was kind of a quiet and boring night around MLB.
Aug 17, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
The AL West will be visiting NL Central teams in interleague play in 2016. But the Angels won’t be making a trip to St. Louis.
Aug 16, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT
Angels starter Matt Shoemaker burst onto the scene in 2014 with a 3.04 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, and 124/24 K/BB ratio in 136 innings, but his past minor league numbers suggested he was pitching way over his head and that idea has proven accurate in 2015.
Aug 14, 2015, 1:48 PM EDT
Giants or Angels?
Aug 14, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
With Kyle Schwarber the Cubs putting the other wild card contenders behind them, we may get some Thunderdome races in the NL East and West: Two teams enter, one team leaves.
Aug 13, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
Wilson finishes the season with a 3.89 ERA in 21 starts.
Aug 13, 2015, 9:13 AM EDT
Probably not the worst thing Scioscia has been called.
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Aug 10, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
The Blue Jays sweep the Yankees, Buck Showalter leaves me scratching my head and I get to use the word “boner” for an actual baseball purpose.
Aug 8, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Jered Weaver will return to the Angels’ rotation on Sunday and try to salvage what’s left of his season.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (95)