Los Angeles Angels
Jan 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EST
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez wrote earlier this month that it’s unlikely Josh Hamilton will finish out his five-year, $125 million contract as a member of the Angels and that a trade may even be coming this season — in the third year of the five-year deal. But we can probably rule out a reunion with the Rangers.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Herrera, who turns 34 in April, appeared in 20 games with the Angels last season and posted a 2.70 ERA and 13/9 K/BB ratio over 16 2/3 innings.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Ben Zobrist and his wife Julianna thanked Rays fans in a full-page ad for the Tampa Bay Times on Sunday.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 14, 2015, 9:09 PM EST
The Rockies and Tyler Chatwood agreed on a two-year, $2 million deal to avoid arbitration.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 11, 2015, 10:36 PM EST
Dan Haren has changed his mind and will report to spring training with the Marlins.
Jan 10, 2015, 3:49 PM EST
Mark Mulder saw his comeback attempt come to an abrupt end last February when he ruptured his left Achilles tendon while doing agility drills prior to a bullpen session in Angels camp. He might not be done.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Jan 8, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
The Braves and Angels agreed to a trade involving prospects this evening, with left-hander Ricardo Sanchez headed to Atlanta in exchange for third baseman Kyle Kubitza and right-hander Nate Hyatt.
Jan 7, 2015, 2:24 PM EST
Old McDonald calls it a career. E-I-E-I-O.
Jan 5, 2015, 6:19 AM EST
There are other sports besides baseball apparently. Who knew?
Jan 4, 2015, 9:36 AM EST
Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that the Royals have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with free agent reliever Ryan Madson. The deal includes an invitation to major league spring training …
Jan 3, 2015, 6:07 PM EST
The Angels will eventually try to trade Josh Hamilton, MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez writes.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 23, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Braves have signed 38-year-old right-handed reliever Jason Grilli to a two-year, $8 million contract with a club option for 2017 …
Dec 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Former starting third baseman for the Rockies.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The deal between Cuban infielder Roberto Baldoquin and the Angels became official on Saturday after the 20-year-old passed his physical.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Howie Kendrick’s replacement?
Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Padres continue to overhaul their lineup while the A’s continue to unload.
Dec 16, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
Barton was acquired from the Cardinals in the Mark Mulder trade and looked like a long-term building block in Oakland.
Dec 16, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
An outfielder-for-reliever swap.
Dec 13, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Could 2015 be Ian Desmond’s final season with the Nationals?
Dec 12, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
The 30-year-old former second-round draft pick was non-tendered by the Angels.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)