Los Angeles Angels
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Denard Span hopes he’s wearing a Nationals uniform again in 2015. The Nationals can choose to exercise a $9 million option for the 2015 season, but they aren’t likely to make a decision until after the World Series concludes.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Kohn had a 3.04 ERA and 26/20 K/BB ratio over 23 2/3 innings this season with the Angels.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
A lesson from the Umbrella Man of the JFK assassination.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Yadier Molina is now the Cardinals’ all-time post-season hits leader, passing Albert Pujols with a second-inning single in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The White Sox have a good problem: they have too many second basemen.
Oct 7, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
Josh Hamilton, who took at least 12 injections of cortisone last month alone, addressed those ALDS Game 1 boos Tuesday to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register …
Oct 6, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Carpenter has homered in three straight games to begin the postseason.
Oct 6, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Mike Trout can only make up for so many bad decisions.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
The Royals are 12 defensive outs away from sweeping the Angels and advancing to the ALCS to face the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 5, 2014, 2:39 PM EST
ALDS Game 3 between the Angels and Royals gets underway in Kansas City at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here is Angels manager Mike Scioscia talking to the media about his club’s uphill battle, down 0-2 in the best-of-five …
Oct 5, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
It’s do-or-die time for two of the clubs — the favorites, to many — on the AL side of the postseason bracket. Let’s break down Sunday’s action …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:41 AM EST
Overstocking the bullpen has done the Halos little good so far.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Royals catcher Salvador Perez remained in the game after being hit in the head with Josh Hamilton’s backswing in the second game of the ALDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)