Los Angeles Angels
Nov 10, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
Pestano was acquired from the Indians in early August.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 6, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Kendrick hit .293 with seven homers and a .744 OPS in 157 games this season.
Nov 5, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Old reliever for new reliever, basically.
Nov 5, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
Former first-round draft pick moves on to Houston.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Nov 4, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
He’s likely to begin his America career in the minors, but could emerge as a potential replacement for second baseman Howie Kendrick in 2016.
Nov 3, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Richards, 26, emerged as an ace this season by posting a 2.61 ERA and 164/51 K/BB ratio in 168 2/3 innings over 26 starts.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Angels are expected to address their pitching needs by making Howie Kendrick or David Freese available in a trade.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
Street saved a career-high 41 games this season.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
The Greek God of Walks retires to Olympus. Or maybe Ohio.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
Game 7s are often letdowns. But sometimes, they’re magical. What will we get tonight?
Oct 27, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
Jimenez appeared in 18 games with the Angels this season and batted just .162 (6-for-37) with two doubles and a 13/0 K/BB ratio.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Denard Span hopes he’s wearing a Nationals uniform again in 2015. The Nationals can choose to exercise a $9 million option for the 2015 season, but they aren’t likely to make a decision until after the World Series concludes.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Kohn had a 3.04 ERA and 26/20 K/BB ratio over 23 2/3 innings this season with the Angels.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
A lesson from the Umbrella Man of the JFK assassination.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Yadier Molina is now the Cardinals’ all-time post-season hits leader, passing Albert Pujols with a second-inning single in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The White Sox have a good problem: they have too many second basemen.
Oct 7, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
Josh Hamilton, who took at least 12 injections of cortisone last month alone, addressed those ALDS Game 1 boos Tuesday to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register …
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 22
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 16
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 15
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)