Los Angeles Angels
Mar 5, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Tony Clark adds that the leaks “are cowardly, undermine the integrity of our collectively bargained agreements and in some instances have been wholly inaccurate.”
Mar 5, 2015, 11:39 AM EDT
The union and the league are butting heads, but the deadlock should soon be broken.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:43 AM EDT
And the fact that they are being leaked is unconscionable
Mar 4, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez has an update on the ongoing extension negotiations between Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto and veteran closer Huston Street …
Mar 4, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Suspending Hamilton for a year would serve no purpose punitive systems are designed to serve. And would most likely not serve Josh Hamilton at all.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:52 PM EDT
A four-person panel appointed by Major League Baseball to decide how Josh Hamilton should be handled following his recent relapse that involved at least cocaine has reportedly reached a stalemate.
Mar 1, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
There’s been some talk that Angels right-hander Garrett Richards might be ready for the beginning of the 2015 regular season despite tearing the patellar tendon in his left knee last August. But manager Mike Scioscia put that to rest Sunday in camp …
Feb 28, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton’s punishment for using a drug of abuse may end up not being much of a punishment at all.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
But Major League Baseball is also trying to be “compassionate,” and is thus still not close to a decision.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:29 AM EDT
I am confident that Major League Baseball will help Josh Hamilton find the help he needs. I do hope, however, that whatever else they do to him does not contribute to the tendency to treat addicts as miscreants.
Feb 25, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman is hearing from sources that Hamilton had a relapse “a couple months back” that “involved at least cocaine.” Heyman says Hamilton confessed to MLB officials that he used.
Feb 25, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
General manager Jerry Dipoto would only confirm that Hamilton is in New York meeting with MLB officials, declining to offer any further details.
Feb 22, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
Just how long does Albert Pujols plan to play baseball?
Feb 22, 2015, 10:22 AM EDT
You can add another name to the growing list …
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 20, 2015, 5:23 PM EDT
“It could be as much as 12 weeks.”
Feb 19, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Huston Street came over the Angels last July in a trade with the Padres and he wants to stay there for the long haul.
Feb 19, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
A pretty SABR-savvy move for a manager not often lauded as SABR-savvy.
Feb 16, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
So far, so good.
Feb 13, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
Thatcher will make $1 million in guaranteed money if he cracks the Opening Day bullpen.
Feb 12, 2015, 8:49 PM EDT
Garrett Richards saw his breakout season come to an unfortunate end last August when he tore the patellar tendon in his left knee, but he’s nearing an important step in his rehab process.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 3, 2015, 6:53 PM EDT
Hamilton initially injured his right shoulder in late 2014, missing most of September, and the symptoms resurfaced last week during an offseason workout.
Feb 3, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
Last year Mark Mulder’s comeback attempt with the Angels ended when he tore his left Achilles’ tendon during spring training.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)