Los Angeles Angels
Sep 14, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Adrian Gonzalez thinks anyone who doesn’t think Clayton Kershaw is the NL MVP is an “idiot”. He’s not wrong.
Sep 14, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Joaquin Benoit should rejoin the Padres late this week. He threw a side session on Sunday afternoon and will do so again on Tuesday before he gets the go-ahead.
Sep 12, 2014, 9:14 AM EST
But I don’t offer this bit of info to slam Pujols. I offer it to praise him.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Angels manager Mike Scioscia acknowledged to reporters on Tuesday evening that there is growing concern about the status of Josh Hamilton’s injured right shoulder, noting that the recovery process “doesn’t look like it’s going in the right direction.” The hope is that another round of cortisone injections will help the cause.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Josh Hamilton is missing a fifth straight game Tuesday due to discomfort in the back of his right shoulder and his lack of progress with the injury is beginning to worry Angels manager Mike Scioscia.
Sep 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Bryant, who was selected second overall in last year’s draft out of the University of San Diego, hit .325 with a 1.098 OPS and minor league-leading 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A at age 22.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Frieri came into this season with a lifetime 2.76 ERA and 315 strikeouts in 231 innings, including 37 saves as the Angels’ closer last year.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
The Angels’ left fielder will miss his fourth straight game due to neck and shoulder soreness.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 7, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Watch as Albert Pujols tallies career hit No. 2,500 with this go-ahead two-run double down the left-field line in the top of the ninth inning Saturday night at Minnesota’s Target Field …
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 5, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Last year at this time Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto was on the hot seat, but now with the team in first place and headed for a 15-20 game improvement owner Arte Moreno has picked up his 2015 option.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Fortunately, the Angels have a nice cushion in the AL West at the moment.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EST
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Victor Martinez continued his fantastic season with a great August showing, while Josh Harrison allowed the Pirates to weather the loss of reigning NL MVP Andrew McCutchen.
Sep 3, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
Mantle and Aaron? Williams and Musial? Bonds and Rodriguez?
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Aug 31, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
This weekend has been a nightmare for the A’s. They headed into Anaheim on Thursday for the start of a four-game series with the goal of recapturing the lead in the American League West standings, but runs have been difficult to come by and now the Angels enter play Sunday looking for the sweep.
Aug 30, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
The Angels, searching for a rotation upgrade after losing Garrett Richards to an injury, had interest in A.J. Burnett of the Phillies, but the right-hander’s player option for 2015 was a deterrent.
Aug 30, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Bryce Harper hit one of six home runs for the Nationals last night in an 8-3 victory over the Mariners. In doing so, he joined some impressive company.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)