Los Angeles Angels
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Denard Span hopes he’s wearing a Nationals uniform again in 2015. The Nationals can choose to exercise a $9 million option for the 2015 season, but they aren’t likely to make a decision until after the World Series concludes.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Kohn had a 3.04 ERA and 26/20 K/BB ratio over 23 2/3 innings this season with the Angels.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A lesson from the Umbrella Man of the JFK assassination.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Yadier Molina is now the Cardinals’ all-time post-season hits leader, passing Albert Pujols with a second-inning single in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The White Sox have a good problem: they have too many second basemen.
Oct 7, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton, who took at least 12 injections of cortisone last month alone, addressed those ALDS Game 1 boos Tuesday to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register …
Oct 6, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Carpenter has homered in three straight games to begin the postseason.
Oct 6, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Mike Trout can only make up for so many bad decisions.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The Royals are 12 defensive outs away from sweeping the Angels and advancing to the ALCS to face the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 5, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
ALDS Game 3 between the Angels and Royals gets underway in Kansas City at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here is Angels manager Mike Scioscia talking to the media about his club’s uphill battle, down 0-2 in the best-of-five …
Oct 5, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
It’s do-or-die time for two of the clubs — the favorites, to many — on the AL side of the postseason bracket. Let’s break down Sunday’s action …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:41 AM EDT
Overstocking the bullpen has done the Halos little good so far.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez remained in the game after being hit in the head with Josh Hamilton’s backswing in the second game of the ALDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:32 AM EDT
The former MVP underwhelms in Game 1 versus the Royals.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)