Los Angeles Angels
Aug 3, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The Angels made a handful of pitching-related roster moves on Sunday.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
C.J. Wilson has been activated in time to make Saturday night’s start against Chris Archer and the Rays.
Aug 1, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Tyler Skaggs exited Thursday’s start in the fifth inning with forearm tightness and now the Angels have placed the 22-year-old left-hander on the disabled list.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Maybe just stop hitting the ball to third base, Albert.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
C.J. Wilson landed on the disabled list earlier this month due to an ankle sprain, but he’s due to rejoin the Angels’ rotation on Saturday.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Angels left-hander Tyler Skaggs was working on a no-hitter against the Orioles this evening before he left his start with forearm tightness.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Albert Pujols can barely move these days and for some reason went with a pop-up slide into first base, but this throw on Wednesday night from Manny Machado was still fantastic …
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 21, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Veteran catcher John Buck was given his release by the Mariners earlier this month, but he didn’t stay out of a job for long.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Jeter has been that for so, so long. Who’s next?
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Angels used Fernando Rodney’s bow-and-arrow against him in a come-from-behind win on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Hitters rarely credit the Home Run Derby when they perform well in the second half. Usually, they only blame it if they struggle. Giancarlo Stanton says the Derby helped him get locked in after slumping going into the All-Star break.
Jul 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
In what is a bit of a shocker, the Angels have sent C.J. Cron to Triple-A to make room for Huston Street on the roster. Cron may not be down there for long, however.
Jul 19, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The second half began in style last night, including a marathon between the Mariners and Angels. Here’s a quick of recap of Friday’s action.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:29 AM EST
Breaking down the six-player Angels-Padres trade.
Jul 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Padres closer Huston Street has been linked to the Angels for a while now and Jim Bowden of ESPN.com reports that the two sides are “close to finalizing a deal” for the All-Star right-hander.
Jul 17, 2014, 8:18 PM EST
The Yankees are the third organization for Rich Hill in the space of three weeks.
Jul 17, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
Chatwood started 20 games with a 3.15 ERA for the Rockies last season as a 23-year-old, but made it just four starts this season before being shut down and is now likely to miss most of 2015 as well.
Jul 16, 2014, 8:01 PM EST
Statcast, the new 3D tracking technology from MLB Advanced Media, gives us this unique look at Mike Trout’s first-inning RBI triple from Tuesday night’s MLB All-Star Game …
Jul 16, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
As a follow-up to the best player in baseball, Mike Trout, being named the Most Valuable Player of the All-Star game, here’s a numbers-based reminder of how amazing he’s been prior to last night.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 125
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 216
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (222)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)