Los Angeles Angels
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Things are ugly between the Angels and Josh Hamilton right now, but manager Mike Scioscia hopes to have a “face-to-face” meeting with the embattled outfielder later this week.
C.J. Wilson says the Angels hired a private investigator to follow him after signing him in December 2011
Apr 12, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Angels have made a bigger situation out of Josh Hamilton’s drug relapse, which has ruffled the feathers of some of Hamilton’s teammates, including C.J. Wilson. Wilson detailed the degree to which the Angels try to control players’ off-the-field behavior.
Apr 12, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura apparently wasn’t happy with what Mike Trout shouted after scoring the Angels’ second run in a 7-2 game in the sixth inning.
Apr 12, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Albert Pujols hit his 522nd career home run on Sunday against Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura.
Apr 12, 2015, 1:42 PM EDT
Hamilton jerseys probably wouldn’t be a hot item right now after his performance in 2014 and offseason relapse, so this could be chalked up to a simple supply-and-demand strategy. But it feels more calculated than that given recent comments from Angels owner Arte Moreno.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
C.J. Wilson had some critical comments about how the Angels are handling the Josh Hamilton situation.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
The Angels appear to be trying to throw Hamilton under the bus. But they don’t have a legal basis to do it.
Apr 10, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
The Angels may try to use some language in Josh Hamilton’s contract to get out of paying him.
Apr 9, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
Rob Manfred is punting, and by doing so, he’s basically canceling an entire section of the JDA.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Apr 8, 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
Watch as Albert Pujols puts a charge into this ball Wednesday against Hisashi Iwakuma …
Apr 8, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
A harrowing but necessary read from Jeremy Horton of The Classical.
Huston Street hired an agent for the first time since 2012 to negotiate an extension with the Angels
Apr 8, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Street saved 17 games with a 1.71 ERA for the Angels after coming over from the Padres in mid-July.
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He’s in knuckleballer territory now.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Apr 6, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
They’re the seventh team since 1914 to pull off the feat.
Apr 6, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Before that homer Trout was a career .367 hitter with a 1.022 OPS in 54 plate appearances against King Felix.
Apr 6, 2015, 1:55 AM EDT
With necessities still required, the Padres pulled off a whopper of a trade for a luxury.
Apr 4, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has supporters in the Angels’ clubhouse amid the controversy involving his relapse with drugs.
Apr 4, 2015, 10:39 AM EDT
Giavotella owns a .238/.277/.334 batting line in the majors, but he’ll be tasked with replacing Howie Kendrick at second base.
Apr 3, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
The Angels have a lot more to answer for than Josh Hamilton does.
Apr 3, 2015, 2:53 PM EDT
Lindstrom has a 3.68 ERA in 421 career innings at age 35, including some brief stints as a closer.
Apr 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
This situation may get even uglier.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)