Los Angeles Dodgers
Aug 21, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
But not the best among major league starters this season.
Aug 21, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
It’s better than no baseball in November, right?
Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
According to MLB.com the last minor leaguer with more than 41 homers in a season was Dallas McPherson of the Marlins with 42 at Triple-A in 2008.
Aug 20, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski says the Royals’ plan is finally falling into place and has their fans believing they can get back to the glory days of the 1970s.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Zack Greinke skipped his usual between-starts bullpen session because of elbow soreness and Dodgers manager Don Mattingly declined to say whether he expected the right-hander to take his next turn in the rotation Thursday against the Padres.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Baseball used to be fun, darn it.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 18, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
28 teams reportedly attended a showcase for Cuban free agent Rusney Castillo late last month.
Aug 17, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez should be able to return to the Dodgers from the disabled list when he’s first eligible on August 24.
Aug 17, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
It appears Hanley Ramirez will reach free agency. Dodgers president Stan Kasten told Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times that contract talks with the injury-prone 30-year-old shortstop have been tabled until after the 2014 season.
Aug 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Juan Uribe re-injured his right hamstring in Friday night’s game against the Brewers, and he’s headed to the disabled list.
Aug 16, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
After being limited to just 11 starts last season due to injury, Johnny Cueto has compiled a 2.06 ERA over 26 starts this season while putting up the best strikeout (9.0 K/9) and walk rates (2.3 BB/9) of his career.
Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu has landed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained glute, which means Kevin Correia will start on Sunday.
Aug 15, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers added yet more pitching depth, acquiring Justin Germano from the Rangers.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB ballparks. Spoiler alert: Wrigley Field is No. 1.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 14, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Why did Don Mattingly spend two months playing Andre Ethier in center field and Yasiel Puig in right field?
Aug 14, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu made an early exit from his start Wednesday night against the Braves after suffering a strained right glute.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 13, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
And Mike Hampton picked Colorado for the excellent schools.
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw made a spectacular defensive play in the fifth inning of Sunday’s win against the Brewers.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez suffered a strained right oblique on Friday night and was officially placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
The Dodgers acquired starter Kevin Correia from the Twins for a player to be named later.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)