Los Angeles Dodgers
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
The second baseman, that is, not the Marlins pitcher.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 16, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
He’s 26 and is said to have great plate discipline.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain was named ALCS MVP after going 8-for-15 (.533) with five runs scored in Kansas City’s four-game sweep of the Orioles.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A lesson from the Umbrella Man of the JFK assassination.
Oct 12, 2014, 12:39 AM EDT
After five straight with Grichuk in right, it’s time for the Cardinals to try something different.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
Major League Baseball levied a $5,000 fine to Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina for shoving umpire Jerry Meals in Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
Many, many teams would’ve lined up to sign Hardy if the Orioles didn’t lock him up.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
It seems everyone wants the offseason to get here already.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
We tend to avoid highlighting dubious rumors around these parts, but since this is the first dubious rumor of the (for most teams) offseason, let’s use it to get our offseason debunking skills back into game shape, shall we?
Oct 9, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
“I don’t know what I’m going to do if he’s not back.”
Oct 9, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
I assume this is all Yasiel Puig’s fault somehow.
Oct 8, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Here’s a cool video and audio mash-up from MLB.com featuring three different calls off Matt Adams’ go-ahead three-run shot against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw that iced the NLCS for the Cardinals …
Oct 8, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
The fallout from the Los Angeles Dodgers’ early postseason dismissal may already be starting …
Oct 8, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
Maybe his secret is that he calls a homer every time?
Oct 8, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
He’ll be paid $9.5 million in 2015
Sick of the Giants and the Cardinals in the NLCS? Tough. They deserve to be there and we’d better get used to it.
Oct 8, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
Cream rises to the top. And a just universe does not reward the Don Mattinglys and Matt Williamses of the world.
Oct 8, 2014, 2:08 AM EDT
Or at least that he’s really not looking forward to undergoing hip surgery.
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
Watch as Trevor Rosenthal gets Carl Crawford to ground out in the ninth inning Tuesday night at Busch Stadium, securing the Cardinals’ fourth consecutive trip to the National League Championship Series …
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The Cardinals are heading to the NLCS for the fourth consecutive season, and for the ninth time since 2000.
Oct 7, 2014, 7:54 PM EDT
Here’s the video of Matt Adams’ go-ahead three-run shot off Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw …
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)