Los Angeles Dodgers
Apr 20, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Beachy is 28 years old with a 3.23 ERA and 275 strikeouts in 268 career innings.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Puig, who boasts an .886 through 34 plate appearances, is considered day-to-day.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:12 PM EDT
The home run traveled at a distance of 461 feet. My goodness.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
At least one part of the organization does.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen is starting to make significant progress in his recovery from February surgery to remove a bone growth from his left foot.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig was held out of the Dodgers’ starting lineup on Tuesday after tweaking his left hamstring at the end of Monday’s walkoff win over the Mariners. And the 24-year-old Cuban is sitting out again Wednesday …
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
Andre Ethier will start in right field vs. Seattle.
Apr 14, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Turns out that, in reality, he DOES want to respect the game.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He looked OK dumping water on Alex Guerrero, though.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Not a straight ranking. Rather, a ranking of which Triple-A cities represent the biggest falloff from their major league affiliates.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 12, 2015, 9:34 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw wasn’t his usual dominant self on Opening Day last Monday against the Padres, yielding three earned runs on two walks and six hits over just six innings. And he was even worse in his second turn through the Dodgers’ 2015 rotation.
Apr 11, 2015, 11:33 PM EDT
Diamondbacks top prospect Archie Bradley made his major league debut tonight against the Dodgers and it couldn’t have gone much better.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Turner was spiked on his hand and Uribe tweaked his hamstring. The good news is that they are both considered day-to-day.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
One of baseball’s top pitching prospects, Archie Bradley will make his major league debut Saturday night against the Dodgers.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Apr 9, 2015, 12:25 AM EDT
Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez has his first career three-homer game.
Apr 8, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
It shouldn’t affect his pitching schedule.
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)