Los Angeles Dodgers
Jan 27, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
Welcome to the future, man.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
The league now requires Cuban players to get a much more difficult to obtain clearance to sign than even the federal government requires.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:01 PM EST
After negotiations with Ryan Vogelsong broke down last week, the Astros are now considering alternatives.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:29 AM EST
If you made a trade with St. Louis in the 90s and 2000s, you likely got the bad end of that trade. Because of this guy.
Jan 22, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched since April of 2013, but before his elbow gave out he posted a 3.65 ERA in 1,175 career innings.
Jan 22, 2015, 9:28 AM EST
Daniel Norris is the leader in the clubhouse at the “Craig’s favorite young player” Open.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EST
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 20, 2015, 2:33 PM EST
This man should live someplace crazier than a McMansion in Sherman Oaks.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 13, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the Dodgers have avoided salary arbitration with catcher A.J. Ellis on a one-year, $4.25 million agreement.
Jan 11, 2015, 10:36 PM EST
Dan Haren has changed his mind and will report to spring training with the Marlins.
Jan 9, 2015, 7:21 PM EST
Dodgers infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena has been outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Jan 9, 2015, 4:31 PM EST
Good to see a baseball player writing in the offseason rather than working out. Because as we learned earlier today, working out in January is devious and bad.
Jan 8, 2015, 11:28 PM EST
Yasiel Puig vows to not be a distraction.
Jan 8, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery in April of 2013.
Jan 7, 2015, 10:13 PM EST
Johnny Cueto’s agent Bryce Dixon said last month that his client wouldn’t negotiate an extension with the Reds beyond Opening Day 2015. The right-hander is only 28 years old and has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball for several seasons …
Jan 4, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
The Marlins are showing interest in James Shields, though they still hope Dan Haren shows up to spring training.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EST
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Jan 3, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
Dan Haren was dealt from the Dodgers to the Marlins in a seven-player trade last month despite his previous comments that he would rather retire than pitch for a team away from his family in Southern California.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EST
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
It took 16 days to finalize, but now it’s final.
Dec 30, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
It was reported as close to happening a few hours ago and now ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says it’s done: Seth Smith, 32-year-old Padres outfielder, has been traded to the Mariners in a straight swap for 24-year-old right-handed reliever Brandon Maurer.
Dec 30, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
Jeter was third.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)