Los Angeles Dodgers
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Cueto threw a league-leading 244 innings with a 2.25 ERA and league-high 242 strikeouts last season to finish runner-up in the Cy Young balloting to Clayton Kershaw.
Feb 4, 2015, 7:28 PM EST
It’s a return to the National League Central for Perez, who was a supplemental first-round pick of the Cardinals back in 2006 and spent almost two years in St. Louis before being traded to the Indians in a package for Mark DeRosa.
Feb 4, 2015, 9:06 AM EST
Steven Matz is a good pitching prospect. But let’s pump the brakes on the comps here. On all comps, really.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:20 AM EST
Or, perhaps, players aren’t motivated by the same things which motivate fans and broadcasters.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
Stanton signed a $325 million contract extension in November and has been cleared for all physical activity.
Feb 1, 2015, 5:20 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Reds have agreed to a contract with 32-year-old left-hander Paul Maholm.
Feb 1, 2015, 2:37 PM EST
Zack Greinke is allowed to opt out of his six-year, $146 million contract with the Dodgers after the 2015 season. In doing that, the right-hander would be leaving three years and $77 million on the table but …
Jan 31, 2015, 10:10 AM EST
While MLB still needs to give their approval, it appears that Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada is one step closer to finally signing with a team.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
Yasiel Puig meant it in a good way!
Jan 30, 2015, 5:11 PM EST
This is gonna turn some heads.
Jan 29, 2015, 7:04 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery in April of 2013.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
Welcome to the future, man.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
The league now requires Cuban players to get a much more difficult to obtain clearance to sign than even the federal government requires.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:01 PM EST
After negotiations with Ryan Vogelsong broke down last week, the Astros are now considering alternatives.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:29 AM EST
If you made a trade with St. Louis in the 90s and 2000s, you likely got the bad end of that trade. Because of this guy.
Jan 22, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched since April of 2013, but before his elbow gave out he posted a 3.65 ERA in 1,175 career innings.
Jan 22, 2015, 9:28 AM EST
Daniel Norris is the leader in the clubhouse at the “Craig’s favorite young player” Open.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EST
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 20, 2015, 2:33 PM EST
This man should live someplace crazier than a McMansion in Sherman Oaks.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 13, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the Dodgers have avoided salary arbitration with catcher A.J. Ellis on a one-year, $4.25 million agreement.
Jan 11, 2015, 10:36 PM EST
Dan Haren has changed his mind and will report to spring training with the Marlins.
Jan 9, 2015, 7:21 PM EST
Dodgers infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena has been outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Jan 9, 2015, 4:31 PM EST
Good to see a baseball player writing in the offseason rather than working out. Because as we learned earlier today, working out in January is devious and bad.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)