Los Angeles Dodgers
Sep 10, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig’s issues with tardiness are well-chronicled on this website and he showed up late to Dodger Stadium again on Wednesday. But there was a good reason for that …
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Would you rather play the slumping superstar or a guy who hasn’t shown a thing all year?
Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s the first player with zero runs and zero RBI in a game with five or more hits since Adam Kennedy in August of 2009.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
We feel the same way, Clayton.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Josh Beckett’s hip injury has given him reason to consider retiring after 14 major league seasons.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
For the millionth time, Zack Greinke is the best.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Adam LaRoche joined Harold Baines in rarefied air with his performance against the Dodgers on Wednesday, knocking in five runs after entering the game in the ninth inning as a pinch-hitter.
Sep 3, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Beckett may end up needing surgery, but hasn’t made a decision on that yet.
Sep 3, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
Mantle and Aaron? Williams and Musial? Bonds and Rodriguez?
Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
It’d be a fun nation, but probably a tad dangerous.
Sep 3, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Sep 2, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is batting just .210/.295/.240 since the beginning of August and newly-promoted prospect Joc Pederson is starting over him on Tuesday night against the Nationals. Which gives you some context for this string of tweets from Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times …
Sep 2, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton picked up his 35th home run of the season and 100th and 101st RBI with this blast to left-center field in the bottom of the third inning Tuesday night in Miami …
Aug 31, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu is back in the Dodgers’ starting rotation after missing a little over two weeks with a strained glute and Juan Uribe is back at third base after sitting out 15 days with a strained hamstring.
Aug 30, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez worked out quickly in front of manager Don Mattingly and trainer Stan Conte, who deemed him fit to play on Saturday against the Padres.
Aug 30, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Puig has really scuffled this month, hitting .218/.306/.241 with two extra-base hits (both doubles) over 24 games.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
And wouldn’t you know it, it worked.
Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu will return to the Dodgers’ rotation on Sunday after recovering from a strained glute.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)