Los Angeles Dodgers
Dec 12, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Haters gonna hate.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 8:41 PM EST
Dodgers reliever Chris Withrow already had Tommy John surgery on his right elbow back in June.
Dec 11, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
The deal isn’t officially announced, but Matt Kemp said goodbye to Dodgers fans and the city of Los Angeles today after learning that he’s headed to the Padres.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
With a void in right field, many consider the Mariners a natural fit to sign free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera. However, it’s far from a sure thing.
Dec 11, 2014, 3:54 AM EST
The Dodgers aren’t done making deals yet. They are reportedly close to a trade to send outfielder Matt Kemp to San Diego.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 AM EST
The Dodgers have answered the question of “who’s gonna play second base now that Dee Gordon is gone.”
Dec 11, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
Dan Haren told Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles in November that he had “no interest in playing in a city away from my family” and would rather retire than pitch for a team other than the Dodgers or Angels.
Dec 10, 2014, 10:32 PM EST
Selling high on Dee?
Dec 10, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed to a trade that will send left-handed starter Wade Miley to Boston for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Well ain’t that interesting?
Dec 10, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
The Dodgers are known to have their eyes on Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal, but Los Angeles wants at least one other piece.
Dec 10, 2014, 7:03 PM EST
The Dodgers just traded starting pitcher Dan Haren to the Marlins in a multi-player swap and are now ready to spend some money to fill the vacancy.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Kemp appears more and more likely to be headed to the Padres.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Gordon is coming off a solid season in which he batted .289/.326/.378 over 148 games while leading the majors with 64 stolen bases.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Perhaps the worst hitter in baseball is on the move.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:09 PM EST
Matt Kemp may soon be on the move. Just a bit south down the I-5.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported over the weekend that Diamondbacks majority owner Ken Kendrick vetoed a trade that would have sent Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and cash to Arizona for catcher Miguel Montero and multiple lower-level prospects.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:35 AM EST
Ten men are nominated. And we’ll know which of them will make it at 2pm Eastern today.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The Yankees are still interested in free agent third baseman Chase Headley, the best remaining free agent option at the hot corner.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)