Los Angeles Dodgers
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Jan 3, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Dan Haren was dealt from the Dodgers to the Marlins in a seven-player trade last month despite his previous comments that he would rather retire than pitch for a team away from his family in Southern California.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
It took 16 days to finalize, but now it’s final.
Dec 30, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
It was reported as close to happening a few hours ago and now ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says it’s done: Seth Smith, 32-year-old Padres outfielder, has been traded to the Mariners in a straight swap for 24-year-old right-handed reliever Brandon Maurer.
Dec 30, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Jeter was third.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Ben Badler of Baseball America reports that the Rockies have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with outfielder Roger Bernadina.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
San Diego has outfielders to spare.
Dec 23, 2014, 4:42 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig is slipping, man.
Dec 23, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Lavarnway has bounced around the waiver wire this offseason after being let go by the Red Sox.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
This means the Padres will only have to pay Kemp $3 million next season.
Dec 22, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
Dan Haren was traded from the Dodgers to the Marlins in the Dee Gordon deal during this month’s Winter Meetings despite his previous comments that he would rather retire than pitch for a team away from his family in Southern California.
Dec 21, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Wil Myers was rumored to be a potential target for the Phillies in a trade involving Cole Hamels, but it turns out the Padres plan to hang on to him.
Dec 21, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
Matt Kemp was introduced to the San Diego media on Saturday at Petco Park …
Dec 19, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Brian Wilson and his beard are back on the free agent market after the Dodgers released him on Friday.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Padres’ outfield should hit a lot of homers in 2015, but they may give back a lot of those runs on defense.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Giants are looking to solve their third base dilemma with Casey McGehee.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Dec 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The Padres have made a flurry of moves in the past few days. It may help them win some more baseball games. But it will undeniably fire up a fan base that has had nothing to get excited about for years.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Rollins waived his no-trade rights to facilitate a move after 15 seasons in Philadelphia.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:43 AM EDT
The Padres have gone crazy this week. The latest: acquiring Justin Upton and his big bat for a couple of prospects.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
It took long enough, but Matt Kemp has finally been traded to the Padres.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Get excited, I guess.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)