Los Angeles Dodgers
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 16, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
He’s 26 and is said to have great plate discipline.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain was named ALCS MVP after going 8-for-15 (.533) with five runs scored in Kansas City’s four-game sweep of the Orioles.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
A lesson from the Umbrella Man of the JFK assassination.
Oct 12, 2014, 12:39 AM EST
After five straight with Grichuk in right, it’s time for the Cardinals to try something different.
Oct 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
Major League Baseball levied a $5,000 fine to Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina for shoving umpire Jerry Meals in Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:54 AM EST
Many, many teams would’ve lined up to sign Hardy if the Orioles didn’t lock him up.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
It seems everyone wants the offseason to get here already.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
We tend to avoid highlighting dubious rumors around these parts, but since this is the first dubious rumor of the (for most teams) offseason, let’s use it to get our offseason debunking skills back into game shape, shall we?
Oct 9, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
“I don’t know what I’m going to do if he’s not back.”
Oct 9, 2014, 12:04 PM EST
I assume this is all Yasiel Puig’s fault somehow.
Oct 8, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Here’s a cool video and audio mash-up from MLB.com featuring three different calls off Matt Adams’ go-ahead three-run shot against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw that iced the NLCS for the Cardinals …
Oct 8, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
The fallout from the Los Angeles Dodgers’ early postseason dismissal may already be starting …
Oct 8, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
Maybe his secret is that he calls a homer every time?
Oct 8, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
He’ll be paid $9.5 million in 2015
Sick of the Giants and the Cardinals in the NLCS? Tough. They deserve to be there and we’d better get used to it.
Oct 8, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
Cream rises to the top. And a just universe does not reward the Don Mattinglys and Matt Williamses of the world.
Oct 8, 2014, 2:08 AM EST
Or at least that he’s really not looking forward to undergoing hip surgery.
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM EST
Watch as Trevor Rosenthal gets Carl Crawford to ground out in the ninth inning Tuesday night at Busch Stadium, securing the Cardinals’ fourth consecutive trip to the National League Championship Series …
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EST
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The Cardinals are heading to the NLCS for the fourth consecutive season, and for the ninth time since 2000.
Oct 7, 2014, 7:54 PM EST
Here’s the video of Matt Adams’ go-ahead three-run shot off Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw …
Oct 7, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
More seventh-inning magic for the Cardinals.
Oct 7, 2014, 5:09 PM EST
When you decide to bench your best position player, you had better win, baby. And even that won’t put an end to the questions.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Up from $14.1 million last year.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)