Los Angeles Dodgers
Sep 15, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
His ERA rose yesterday. It’s now a FULL RUN higher than it was on May 6. Is everything OK with the Dodgers’ ace?
Sep 15, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
You knew this was coming the moment Ron Washington stepped down.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Adrian Gonzalez thinks anyone who doesn’t think Clayton Kershaw is the NL MVP is an “idiot”. He’s not wrong.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Yasmani Tomas, 23, could be the next Cuban defector to hit it big — record-breakingly big — on Major League Baseball’s free agent market. Via Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe …
Sep 14, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
The Giants didn’t have a whole lot worth celebrating in Saturday night’s 17-0 blowout loss to the visiting Dodgers, but this was a pretty cool moment in the top of the seventh inning …
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
On Saturday night, Ian Desmond became the fourth shortstop to have at least three 20/20 seasons in his career.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:37 PM EST
Reliever Paco Rodriguez rejoins the Dodger bullpen after spending more than a month on the disabled list with a strained teres major muscle.
Sep 13, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
Ryu said he feels “very similar” to when he landed on the disabled list in May.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
Don Mattingly says he has no better options. The press is not so sure.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Yasiel Puig’s issues with tardiness are well-chronicled on this website and he showed up late to Dodger Stadium again on Wednesday. But there was a good reason for that …
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Would you rather play the slumping superstar or a guy who hasn’t shown a thing all year?
Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
He’s the first player with zero runs and zero RBI in a game with five or more hits since Adam Kennedy in August of 2009.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
We feel the same way, Clayton.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Josh Beckett’s hip injury has given him reason to consider retiring after 14 major league seasons.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:29 PM EST
For the millionth time, Zack Greinke is the best.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Adam LaRoche joined Harold Baines in rarefied air with his performance against the Dodgers on Wednesday, knocking in five runs after entering the game in the ninth inning as a pinch-hitter.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)