Los Angeles Dodgers
May 23, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Yasmani Grandal was hit by a backswing on Friday and will spend at least a week on the bench to recuperate.
May 23, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
The Dodgers knew about Ryu’s labrum tear before signing him to a six-year, $36 million contract in December of 2012.
May 21, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Ace vs. Ace. Advantage: Bumgarner.
May 20, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
Ryu has been one of the league’s most underrated starters since signing with the Dodgers in 2013.
May 20, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Pomeranz indicated after leaving Monday’s game that he’s been dealing with shoulder issues for a while now.
May 19, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Among all MLB shortstops since 2000 he ranks fourth in Wins Above Replacement.
May 19, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
For a season that, for him, never began.
May 17, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nine pitches, nine strikes, three strikeouts. That’s how Santiago Casilla finished off the Reds on Sunday.
May 16, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Jansen tied a major league record in his season debut.
May 16, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a milestone for Clayton Kershaw.
May 15, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Kenley Jansen is back with the Dodgers, though he isn’t expected to jump back into the closer’s role immediately.
May 15, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
The Dodgers are a good team but their bullpen let one go last night.
May 14, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Omar Vizquel wore Luis Aparicio’s number. Why can’t someone else — someone deemed worthy — wear the retired number of someone else?
May 14, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Andre Ethier has been killing the ball as Puig’s fill-in and the Dodgers are winning.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 12, 2015, 9:44 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig was lifted from a rehab game Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga after reaggravating his left hamstring strain while running to first base.
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
May 11, 2015, 9:09 PM EDT
Kenley Jansen will return at long last on Saturday, but won’t immediately begin closing out games.
May 11, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
If Puig’s not going to do it anymore, thank God we have Bryce.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
May 10, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Two of the greatest pitchers of this generation each achieved personal strikeout milestones on Sunday.
May 10, 2015, 10:55 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig reaggravated his left hamstring strain Friday while running to first base in a rehab game at High-A Rancho Cucamonga, and the Dodgers hope to find out Sunday how big of a setback it will be.
May 8, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The Dodgers are likely to activate Yasiel Puig from the disabled list on Monday.
May 8, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Homer Bailey had Tommy John surgery on Friday, which will likely keep him out until midseason in 2016.
May 8, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Let’s go back in time, shall we?
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)