Los Angeles Dodgers
Sep 24, 2014, 12:27 PM EST
For the third time in a year, Bill Plaschke predicts that Yasiel Puig will end up being the worst thing that ever happened to the Dodgers.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Not a good look for the Giants.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:21 PM EST
Things got a little testy in the bottom of the first inning Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium after Giants starter Madison Bumgarner struck Yasiel Puig in the left foot with a low-and-inside pitch …
Sep 23, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Michael Young spoke with Rangers general manager Jon Daniels about replacing Ron Washington, but the recently-retired 37-year-old has decided against pursuing the position so that he can focus on his family.
Sep 23, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
He has won 19 or 20 games four times in his last five seasons.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Hitting the cutoff man is overrated
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 20, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
The pitching-light Dodgers will have Jamey Wright make his second start in the last seven years on Sunday against the Cubs.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Hudson has a 9.92 ERA over four starts this month.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Twins right-hander Phil Hughes has thrived with a change of scenery this season and he could finish the year with a place in MLB history.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Hyun-Jin Ryu didn’t throw as expected on Friday, but hopes to do so before the weekend is over. He’s hoping to return to the Dodgers in time for the playoffs.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Los Angeles is 22-4 with Kershaw on the mound this season.
Sep 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Because if Clayton Kershaw needs anything, he needs a bunch of run support.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
If you have to haze, at least get some coffee out of the deal.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
After a good night last night he’s 12 for his last 30.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Rizzo won the award in recognition of his community work with pediatric cancer patients.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Ramirez has missed back-to-back starts with an elbow strain.
Sep 17, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
Another day off for the Dodgers’ ailing shortstop.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:04 PM EST
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez has been scratched from Tuesday’s game against the Rockies due to an elbow strain. It’s not clear when he suffered the injury or how serious it might be.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 16, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
I have to imagine that spending seven-plus months in close quarters with Yasiel Puig can get on one’s nerves.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)