Los Angeles Dodgers
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
So it’s a three-car car chase now?
Dec 1, 2014, 8:08 AM EDT
They keep causing people to freak out. Maybe we shouldn’t care so much?
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 30, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
It was assumed that the Orioles would try to retain Nick Markakis but they could look elsewhere according to the latest report.
Nov 30, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Orioles recently reached out to the Dodgers to discuss a trade for outfielder Matt Kemp.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Nov 26, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Padres have shown interest in trading for Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp …
Nov 26, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s like clockwork. A team signs a big free agent or two and someone argues that baseball is doomed without a salary cap. It’s always baloney, of course.
Nov 25, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
The Red Sox have officially introduced Hanley Ramirez and his new four-year, $88 million pact. Juan Francisco was DFA’d in the process.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
They’ve been linked to Justin Upton and Matt Kemp. But another power bat is a possibility.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
2015 is a big, big year for Yoenis Cespedes. And two other teams’ 2015 seasons will ride, directly or indirectly, on his value.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
If the season started tomorrow, Xander Bogaerts would start at shortstop for the Red Sox. But there’s still a lot of off-season left.
Nov 24, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT
A huge day for the Red Sox starts out with a Panda.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
The parts match up.
Nov 24, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez is a $20 million+ man.
Nov 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Perhaps not as weird as it may seem.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
It’s easy to say “it didn’t work before, so it won’t work this time,” but doing so is to misread the current situation with the Boston Red Sox.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:41 PM EDT
The Red Sox and Hanley Ramirez will finalize a deal on Monday in the range of five years and $90 million, according to Ken Rosenthal.
Nov 23, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox could revamp the left side of their infield if they have their way in free agency.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
The Dodgers get a potential solution for their setup man woes.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The White Sox claimed a potentially promising arm in Onelki Garcia on a waiver claim from the Dodgers.
Nov 19, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Haren exercised his $10 million option for next season to return to the Dodgers.
Nov 18, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Ramirez had a bounceback year offensively, hitting .273 with 15 homers and a .713 OPS in 158 games.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)