Mar 28, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
Lucas Duda is coming off a breakout year with the Mets and the two sides are now discussing a contract extension.
Mar 24, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the return of Matt Harvey and the offseason signing of Michael Cuddyer propel the Mets into contention?
Mar 11, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Duda suffered an oblique strain two weeks ago, but he has been hitting in Mets camp since Monday.
Feb 24, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
Not exactly big news, but it is our first injury of spring training, so we should make note of it.
Feb 2, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
The Mets have had a quiet winter, but GM Sandy Alderson thinks they have the potential to improve by 10 wins from 2014.
Feb 2, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
Who’s got one finger pointed at the camera and just agreed to a deal for $4.2 million? This guy, right here.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
A fan sacrificed his popcorn to catch a home run ball last night at Turner Field.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EDT
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Mets turned a rare 5-4-3-2 triple play against the Dodgers in Sunday afternoon’s game.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EDT
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
This story is unlike any I’ve ever seen.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:32 AM EDT
The Dodgers sweep their rivals in San Francisco, the Rays complain about Big Papi and I complain about Southwest Airlines messing with my kids’ vacation.
Jun 2, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Mets center fielder Juan Lagares is headed back to the disabled list with a strained intercostal muscle one month after coming off the disabled list following a hamstring injury.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
Jun 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The poor beat writers for the Mets and Phillies have been subjected to so much mediocre baseball between the two clubs lately.
May 22, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig is good at baseball.
May 13, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg lost six pounds in two days, and blamed it on a hamburger he ate this past weekend at the Mets’ Citi Field. Now he has a corroborator, and it’s someone from the home team.
May 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Mets first baseman Lucas Duda was hospitalized on Friday prior to the start of their series opener against the Phillies.
Apr 29, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
Mets first baseman Lucas Duda filed a police report claiming that he had $1,600 worth of possessions stolen by a moving company hired by the team to move him into a new apartment while he was out of town.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Steve Cishek’s save streak snapped. Will he now have to sell seashells by the sea shore?
Craig Kimbrel struggles in return from right shoulder issue, apologizes for reaction to being pulled
Apr 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Craig Kimbrel was called on Saturday for the first time since complaining of discomfort in his shoulder last Monday. The appearance did not go smoothly.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Ike Davis makes a good impression with his new team.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 6
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)