Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
A fan sacrificed his popcorn to catch a home run ball last night at Turner Field.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EST
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Mets turned a rare 5-4-3-2 triple play against the Dodgers in Sunday afternoon’s game.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
This story is unlike any I’ve ever seen.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:32 AM EST
The Dodgers sweep their rivals in San Francisco, the Rays complain about Big Papi and I complain about Southwest Airlines messing with my kids’ vacation.
Jun 2, 2014, 2:19 PM EST
Mets center fielder Juan Lagares is headed back to the disabled list with a strained intercostal muscle one month after coming off the disabled list following a hamstring injury.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
Jun 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The poor beat writers for the Mets and Phillies have been subjected to so much mediocre baseball between the two clubs lately.
May 22, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Yasiel Puig is good at baseball.
May 13, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg lost six pounds in two days, and blamed it on a hamburger he ate this past weekend at the Mets’ Citi Field. Now he has a corroborator, and it’s someone from the home team.
May 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Mets first baseman Lucas Duda was hospitalized on Friday prior to the start of their series opener against the Phillies.
Apr 29, 2014, 12:53 PM EST
Mets first baseman Lucas Duda filed a police report claiming that he had $1,600 worth of possessions stolen by a moving company hired by the team to move him into a new apartment while he was out of town.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
Steve Cishek’s save streak snapped. Will he now have to sell seashells by the sea shore?
Craig Kimbrel struggles in return from right shoulder issue, apologizes for reaction to being pulled
Apr 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Craig Kimbrel was called on Saturday for the first time since complaining of discomfort in his shoulder last Monday. The appearance did not go smoothly.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Ike Davis makes a good impression with his new team.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
The Pirates and Mets each address their problems with an Ike Davis trade.
Apr 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Last week Mets manager Terry Collins announced that he’d be benching Ike Davis and giving Lucas Duda an opportunity to be the team’s primary first baseman.
Apr 5, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
After being benched Friday, Ike Davis played hero for the Mets on Saturday afternoon by slugging a walk-off grand slam.
Apr 5, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
According to a report, the Mets turned down an offer from the Orioles over the winter that would have netted them left-hander Zach Britton.
Apr 4, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Mets manager Terry Collins has decided to give Lucas Duda an extended look as the regular first baseman, leaving Ike Davis on the bench, and Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that they “still see trading Davis as the likely endgame.”
Apr 3, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
Lucas Duda — not Ike Davis — will get an extended chance at the starting first base job with the Mets.
Mar 10, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Matt Ehalt reports that Ike Davis now has a walking boot on his right leg. Davis has been sidelined with right calf tightness for a week. Walking boots tend not to suggest that the matter is improving. Between Davis’ calf and Lucas Duda’s hamstring barking, it would seem that the frontrunner for the Mets’ first base…
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 65
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 31
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)