May 2, 2015, 1:04 PM EDT
Gomez has been out since April 15 due to a strained right hamstring.
Oct 27, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Jimenez appeared in 18 games with the Angels this season and batted just .162 (6-for-37) with two doubles and a 13/0 K/BB ratio.
May 20, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
David Freese is back in the Angels’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Astros after missing a little over two weeks with a fracture in his right middle finger.
Mar 3, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
There was a little bit of history this afternoon, as MLB’s new expanded instant replay made its debut in a game between the Blue Jays and Twins. We saw it in the bottom of the sixth inning after Twins outfielder Chris Rahl was called safe at first base when a throw from Blue Jays shortstop…
May 10, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
Here’s a new one: with the Angels batting with two on and two out in the seventh inning Thursday, the Astros went to bring in left-hander Wesley Wright to face left-hander J.B. Shuck. The Angels promptly countered with right-handed hitting Luis Jimenez. And then the Astros suddenly countered with right-hander Hector Ambriz. If that sounds…
Apr 20, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
Prior to last night’s game, the Angels placed third baseman Alberto Callapso on the 15-day disabled list with right calf tightness. Callaspo suffered the injury last Thursday against the Athletics and originally expected to only miss a few days, but he hasn’t made enough progress to return to the lineup. Reliever Michael Kohn was called…
Apr 19, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
NatsLady hipped me to this awesome box score: Was gonna say that ten-run seventh was the problem, but losing 17-9 ain’t exactly great. Eight RBI for Luis Jimenez. Lots of fun stuff from players who have hung around major league rosters on-and-off. Minor League Baseball: it’s FAN-tastic.
Dec 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Our friend Nick Collias of MLBTR has been reading the Venezuelan newspapers and he passes along word from Joiner Martinez at Líder en Deportes that Carlos Zambrano is either (a) getting into the best shape of his life; or (b) getting ready to fight Ivan Drago in Moscow on Christmas Day: “I’m preparing like when I…
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)