Jul 30, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Carlos Correa has shortstop covered for a while.
Jul 21, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Lowrie has been on the disabled list since suffering a ligament tear in his right (throwing-side) thumb back in late April. That thumb injury required surgery and Lowrie was given a three-month recovery timetable …
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Everybody got a piece of Lloyd McClendon’s mind last night.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Are they ready to contend?
Mar 23, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Are the Astros ready to contend?
Mar 10, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Astros are going whiff a whole bunch this year. Does it matter?
Feb 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
MLBPA executive director Tony Clark will be keeping a close eye on how the Cubs handle the eventual promotion of prospect Kris Bryant.
Jan 23, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
Fowler requested $10.8 million and the Cubs countered at $8.5 million.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:47 PM EDT
After acquiring Evan Gattis from the Braves last week and swapping Dexter Fowler to the Cubs today for Luis Valbuena and Dan Straily, the Astros might have another move up their sleeve soon.
Jan 19, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
Cubs fans are clamoring for Kris Bryant’s arrival to the big leagues, but they might have to be patient.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
According to a report, the Cubs are on the verge of acquiring Dexter Fowler from the Astros.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig doing Yasiel Puig things.
Jul 12, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Brandon Phillips underwent surgery yesterday to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb and now the Reds will be without one of the potential options to fill in at second base.
Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
The scoreless streak is over for Clayton Kershaw, but the dominance remains.
Jul 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
It’s been unusual for Uehara to run into any trouble so his posting a 5.14 ERA in eight outings has been a strange sight.
Mar 26, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
There is a pretty big demand for middle infielders among contending teams these days. The Yankees, the Tigers and now the Rangers either have age, injury or simple lack of quality to contend with among their infielders. And with Stephen Drew seemingly radioactive, there aren’t a lot of candidates around baseball to fill these holes.…
Mar 11, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Chicago Cubs. The Big Question: Is the wait almost over? It has been 105 long years since the north…
Feb 23, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Cubs prospect Mike Olt had a rough 2013. He posted a meager .739 OPS with the Rangers’ Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock. Then the Rangers traded him to the Cubs in the Matt Garza deal. With Triple-A Iowa, Olt posted a .551 OPS in 152 plate appearances. He was bothered by vision issues, a symptom…
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)