Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Yes, such things still matter. At least to old men like me.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 19, 2014, 9:38 AM EST
Tell me about the rabbits, Hunter
Nov 9, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Mickey Lolich got three complete game wins, leading the Tigers to a 1968 World Series win against the Cardinals. He doesn’t think Madison Bumgarner’s performance in the 2014 World Series merits comparison.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
And he gave Jimmy Fallon some underwear.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Nov 3, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
To be fair, I wouldn’t let him either. I’d probably wrap him in bubble wrap until next spring.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner’s post-season performance prompted Jockey to make underwear with “Mad Bum” on the backside, a special gift to Giants fans at Friday’s World Series parade in San Francisco.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
Some random, hypothetical musings on a Friday afternoon.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
“He’s 20 years old. We think a lot of him and he has a bright future.”
Oct 30, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
There was no bitterness as Royals hitters talked about the mastery of Madison Bumgarner in this World Series.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
As he has done for a decade, really.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:11 AM EST
A breakdown of Alex Gordon’s two-out hit in the bottom of the ninth.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EST
A postseason legend is born
Oct 29, 2014, 11:37 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner threw five scoreless innings to close out Game 7 on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium and allowed just one run in 21 total frames during the 2014 World Series
Oct 29, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner gets the win. And becomes a legend.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
Giants ace Madison Bumgarner broke Curt Schilling’s postseason innings record in the bottom of the fifth inning. And now Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News shares this nugget …
Oct 29, 2014, 10:19 PM EST
Giants ace Madison Bumgarner entered Game 7 of the World Series in the bottom of the fifth inning. He allowed a single to the first batter but got out of that threat and set a new MLB record in the process …
Oct 29, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Ned Yost says: “Bumgarner is a great starting pitcher. We’ll see what kind of reliever he is.”
Oct 29, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
“When you’re a little kid in the backyard, you always think of World Series games and hitting home runs to win a Game 7 of the World Series or pitching in a big game,” Hudson said. “I’m no different than anybody else.”
Oct 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
Recent history has definitely favored the home team, which has won each of the past nine Game 7’s.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 70
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)