Feb 23, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
It was just an average day at Giants camp on Monday…
Feb 11, 2015, 2:43 PM EST
Nice to know I’ve had a private work toilet in my “office” longer than a three-time World Series-winning manager has.
Feb 4, 2015, 9:06 AM EST
Steven Matz is a good pitching prospect. But let’s pump the brakes on the comps here. On all comps, really.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 30, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
Jeter was third.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Yes, such things still matter. At least to old men like me.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 19, 2014, 9:38 AM EST
Tell me about the rabbits, Hunter
Nov 9, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Mickey Lolich got three complete game wins, leading the Tigers to a 1968 World Series win against the Cardinals. He doesn’t think Madison Bumgarner’s performance in the 2014 World Series merits comparison.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
And he gave Jimmy Fallon some underwear.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Nov 3, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
To be fair, I wouldn’t let him either. I’d probably wrap him in bubble wrap until next spring.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner’s post-season performance prompted Jockey to make underwear with “Mad Bum” on the backside, a special gift to Giants fans at Friday’s World Series parade in San Francisco.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
Some random, hypothetical musings on a Friday afternoon.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
“He’s 20 years old. We think a lot of him and he has a bright future.”
Oct 30, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
There was no bitterness as Royals hitters talked about the mastery of Madison Bumgarner in this World Series.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
As he has done for a decade, really.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:11 AM EST
A breakdown of Alex Gordon’s two-out hit in the bottom of the ninth.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 PM EST
A postseason legend is born
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)