Apr 28, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Some more rough news here for the Dodgers’ outfield, which is already absent Yasiel Puig.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Apr 6, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Apr 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Our Jenna Corrado is joined by Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner to discuss offseason training at his North Carolina ranch, how he feels after a busy 2014 season, a potential rivalry between him and Clayton Kershaw and more.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 20, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
He lost a battle with Mike Pelfrey and Tommy Milone.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
Unless someone gets injured, spring training game results don’t matter a bit. But they are a reminder that everyone starts from square one each season. No matter how well they ended the season before.
Feb 23, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
It was just an average day at Giants camp on Monday…
Feb 11, 2015, 2:43 PM EDT
Nice to know I’ve had a private work toilet in my “office” longer than a three-time World Series-winning manager has.
Feb 4, 2015, 9:06 AM EDT
Steven Matz is a good pitching prospect. But let’s pump the brakes on the comps here. On all comps, really.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 30, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Jeter was third.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Yes, such things still matter. At least to old men like me.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 19, 2014, 9:38 AM EDT
Tell me about the rabbits, Hunter
Nov 9, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Mickey Lolich got three complete game wins, leading the Tigers to a 1968 World Series win against the Cardinals. He doesn’t think Madison Bumgarner’s performance in the 2014 World Series merits comparison.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
And he gave Jimmy Fallon some underwear.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Nov 3, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
To be fair, I wouldn’t let him either. I’d probably wrap him in bubble wrap until next spring.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 9
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 118
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)