Jan 14, 2015, 11:03 PM EST
Manny Machado: perhaps in the best shape of his life?
Dec 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Quotes from manager Buck Showalter.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:54 PM EST
Showalter was honored for the third time with three different teams.
Nov 4, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
The 2014 Gold Glove Award winners have been announced. Now you can help determine who wins the 2014 Platinum Glove — given each year (since 2011) to the top defensive player in each league.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
A first in 17 years.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Aug 30, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
Kelly Johnson completes his tour of the AL East as the Orioles acquired him from the Red Sox on Saturday evening.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
Orioles infielder Manny Machado underwent successful surgery Wednesday to repair a partially-torn ligament in his right knee.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Manny Machado’s season is likely over, as he is expected to undergo season-ending knee surgery within a week, according to a report.
Aug 22, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Machado suffered a sprained right knee on August 11 and the Orioles have mostly been using Chris Davis at third base in his absence.
Aug 13, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
After a terrible start to the season and a suspension for tossing his bat Machado has hit .351 in 28 games since July 1, raising his OPS from .662 to .755 during that time.
Aug 12, 2014, 7:13 PM EST
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado underwent an MRI on Tuesday after injuring his right knee on a hard swing in the third inning of Monday night’s 11-3 victory over the Yankees. The O’s have reviewed the MRI results but aren’t offering more than a vague diagnosis until Wednesday …
Aug 12, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Carlos Beltran and Chase Headley were both credited with stolen bases, Bud Norris and Manny Machado were both credited with errors, and the Orioles ended up blowing out the Yankees anyway.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EST
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 11, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado was forced to exit tonight’s game against the Yankees in the bottom of the third inning with a right knee sprain.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Maybe just stop hitting the ball to third base, Albert.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Albert Pujols can barely move these days and for some reason went with a pop-up slide into first base, but this throw on Wednesday night from Manny Machado was still fantastic …
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EST
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 30, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
The Rangers and Red Sox won’t get to see much of Machdo this week.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)