Aug 9, 2015, 4:48 PM EDT
Marco Estrada tossed 6 1/3 innings of shutout ball and Jose Bautista and Josh Donaldson both hit solo homers as the Blue Jays blanked the Yankees 2-0 on Sunday afternoon at Yankee Stadium.
Jul 24, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Flulike symptoms keep Drew Hutchison off the mound for a second consecutive game. He’ll pitch Saturday if he’s feeling well enough.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
Jun 24, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
I’d call it “Jeter-like,” but it’s better than anything I’ve seen Jeter do.
Jun 24, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
It came on a close call but, ultimately, the correct call.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Marco Estrada lost his no-hitter in the eighth inning against the Orioles.
Jun 14, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The surging Blue Jays extended their winning streak to 11 games on Sunday.
May 22, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz kept pace with Bryce Harper, taking back the MLB lead in home runs shortly after losing it.
May 1, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Things got a little heated between the Rays and Blue Jays on Thursday.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Stroman appeared primed for a breakout year in Toronto’s rotation.
Mar 3, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
Kang hit .356 with 40 homers in Korea last season.
Nov 2, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
The Blue Jays sent first baseman Adam Lind to the Brewers on Saturday for right-hander Marco Estrada, clearing up some payroll space and adding depth to their starting pitching staff. Now the Jays may deal from that pitching depth to fill another area of need.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Lind, 31, batted .321/.381/.479 with six home runs and 40 RBI over 96 games this season.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Matt Garza doesn’t hit many batters, but the right-hander managed to hit Andrew McCutchen twice in his start on Saturday.
Aug 3, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
Matt Garza dominated the Cardinals on Sunday, but left after six innings due to an oblique injury.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Marco Estrada was scheduled to start Saturday, but he’s been terrible all season while serving up an NL-high 27 homers in 18 starts.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Bautista is leading the American League in All-Star votes with nearly five million and also leads the league in walks and on-base percentage while hitting .304 with 15 homers and a .956 OPS in 78 games.
Jun 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Marco Estrada has served up an MLB-high 23 homers in 14 starts for the Brewers this season, putting him on pace to break the all-time record of 50 homers allowed by Hall of Famer Bert Blyleven.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 76
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (192)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)