Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija, former Cubs starter and recent White Sox trade acquisition, was welcomed back to the Windy City prior to Tuesday night’s NHL game between the Chicago Blackhawks and visiting Minnesota Wild …
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EST
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says the A’s front office has been eyeing White Sox infielder Marcus Semien, who could take over at shortstop next year in Oakland with Jed Lowrie departing as a free agent. Multiple prospects would also be headed the A’s way.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Samardzija returning to Chicago?
Oct 11, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The White Sox have a good problem: they have too many second basemen.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EST
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
With a glut of second base candidates available to the White Sox, Gordon Beckham could be the odd man out.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EST
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 3, 2014, 6:11 PM EST
After an oblique injury landed Gordon Beckham on the DL to begin the year, he’s ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment.
Mar 15, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
According to Scott Merkin of MLB.com, the White Sox announced this afternoon that second baseman Gordon Beckham has suffered a strained left oblique and will be shut down from baseball activities for seven days. We’re about two weeks away from the start of the regular season, so Beckham will have to make quick progress to…
Feb 27, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Chicago White Sox. The Big Question: Can the White Sox rebuild the league’s worst lineup on the fly? Chicago…
Sep 21, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Trailing 6-0 in the bottom of the ninth, the Tigers rallied for six runs against the White Sox bullpen to send the game into extra innings. They pushed across a bases-loaded run for the walk-off win in the 12th inning, reducing their magic number over the Indians in the AL Central to two. Tigers starter…
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 41
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (72)