Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Marcus Stroman’s suspension for throwing at Caleb Joseph’s head has been reduced from six to five games.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:53 PM EST
Good to see MLB make the smart call and suspend Stroman for headhunting.
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
MLB acts swiftly when someone grabs their crotch. Let’s see how swiftly it acts when a guy goes headhunting.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Aug 17, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos is expected to be back for the 2015 season despite a disappointing second half (so far) in 2014 …
Aug 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
If you haven’t been paying attention to Mo’Ne Davis in the Little League World Series, she gave you a big reason with her performance against Nashville on Friday.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
May 31, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Marcus Stroman was impressive in his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals, but he felt that the Blue Jays’ offense was way more impressive.
May 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
After a brief stint in the Blue Jays’ bullpen, Marcus Stroman will make his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals.
May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Marcus Stroman struggled in his first taste of major league competition. The Blue Jays sent him back to Triple-A Buffalo.
May 15, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Dustin McGowan has been moved back to the bullpen after posting a 5.08 ERA over eight starts.
Mar 28, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Toronto Blue Jays. The Big Question: Isn’t doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results…
Jun 4, 2012, 11:33 PM EST
Sure, one generally has to wait four or five years to really sit back and analyze how a draft turned out. But why let that stop us from picking some winners and losers from Monday evening’s first round. Winners Dodgers – Corey Seager will likely prove to be a tough sign, but the high school…
Jun 4, 2012, 9:48 PM EST
No. 21 – Atlanta Braves – High school right-hander Lucas Sims The Braves taking a local product? Get outta here. Sims is highly-regarded for his velocity, topping out at 97 mph on his heater, but his breaking ball is considered one of the best of from this year’s high school crop of talent. No. 22…
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)