Aug 17, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos is expected to be back for the 2015 season despite a disappointing second half (so far) in 2014 …
Aug 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
If you haven’t been paying attention to Mo’Ne Davis in the Little League World Series, she gave you a big reason with her performance against Nashville on Friday.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
May 31, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman was impressive in his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals, but he felt that the Blue Jays’ offense was way more impressive.
May 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
After a brief stint in the Blue Jays’ bullpen, Marcus Stroman will make his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals.
May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman struggled in his first taste of major league competition. The Blue Jays sent him back to Triple-A Buffalo.
May 15, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Dustin McGowan has been moved back to the bullpen after posting a 5.08 ERA over eight starts.
Mar 28, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Toronto Blue Jays. The Big Question: Isn’t doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results…
Jun 4, 2012, 11:33 PM EDT
Sure, one generally has to wait four or five years to really sit back and analyze how a draft turned out. But why let that stop us from picking some winners and losers from Monday evening’s first round. Winners Dodgers – Corey Seager will likely prove to be a tough sign, but the high school…
Jun 4, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
No. 21 – Atlanta Braves – High school right-hander Lucas Sims The Braves taking a local product? Get outta here. Sims is highly-regarded for his velocity, topping out at 97 mph on his heater, but his breaking ball is considered one of the best of from this year’s high school crop of talent. No. 22…
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 3
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 17
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 213
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (217)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)