Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Aug 2, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Cincinnati hosted one of two benches-clearing incidents in baseball on Sunday.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Starling Marte’s defense prevented Mark Melancon from blowing a save and potentially taking a loss.
Jul 30, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
After dealing ace David Price to the Blue Jays earlier today, the Tigers have traded closer Joakim Soria to the Pirates.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Your mileage may vary, but for my money the ugliest game of the year happened last night.
Jul 25, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a big win for the Pirates.
Jul 23, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
The Pirates acquired veteran third baseman Aramis Ramirez from the Brewers this afternoon, but FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that they aren’t done making moves.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:14 PM EDT
The National League has two more turns at bat to make up four runs.
Jul 11, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important NL Central battle.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
May 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Cardinals won again in walk-off fashion and now own baseball’s best record.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
“I still believe that the velocity will get back to where we’ve seen it.”
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 6, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
Craig Kimbrel he ain’t, but saves aren’t exactly the Braves’ biggest concern.
Dec 23, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Braves have signed 38-year-old right-handed reliever Jason Grilli to a two-year, $8 million contract with a club option for 2017 …
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
The Cardinals are getting hot at the right time. The Pirates: not so much.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EDT
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 14, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Looking to add more bullpen help after the Jason Grilli-for-Ernesto Frieri swap worked out so horribly, the Pirates have acquired right-hander John Axford from the Indians.
Jul 12, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
The Pirates are focused on adding pitching in advance of the July non-waiver trade deadline.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:26 PM EDT
The Pirates and Angels have exchanged their troubled closers. Jason Grilli will head west to the Angels. Ernesto Frieri will head east to the Pirates.
Jun 20, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Last night Jason Grilli gave up a game-tying homer against the Reds and today the Pirates announced that he’s been demoted from the closer role.
Jun 19, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
Jason Grilli blew a save this afternoon against the Reds and Pirates manager Clint Hurdle indicated after the game that he could make a change in the closer role.
May 23, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
Pirates closer Jason Grilli is off the disabled list after missing the past month with a strained oblique muscle.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 18
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 100
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (100)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)