May 28, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Jay has been out since May 10 with a wrist injury.
May 27, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams tore his right quadriceps muscle Tuesday while legging out a double.
May 27, 2015, 5:19 PM EDT
Adams was off to a slow start this season, but he’s hit .277 with a .770 OPS in 320 games for the Cardinals since debuting in 2012.
May 27, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Adams hurt his quadriceps while running out a double.
May 10, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter was held back in St. Louis this weekend as the Cardinals traveled to Pittsburgh because the star third baseman was dealing with a range of concerning symptoms like an accelerated heart rate and extreme fatigue.
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
May 2, 2015, 8:53 AM EDT
A quick look at a busy Friday around MLB, including an early NL Central battle between the Cardinals and Pirates.
Apr 9, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Gattis isn’t off to the best start with his new team.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Reynolds hit just .196 in 130 games for the Brewers this year.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Morneau is under contract for next season at a reasonable $6.75 million salary, so the Rockies weren’t inclined to give him away cheaply.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 11, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Don’t worry, I’m hearing that Ruben Amaro, Jr. is already trying to get in touch with his agent.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jun 21, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
The slumping Rockies were involved in one of the worst plays you’ll ever see with your own two eyes.
Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Jose Abreu is back, Clayton Kershaw withstood his return and I made a sobering discovery about “Billy Madison.”
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 11, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Aramis Ramirez was lifted from the Brewers’ game Saturday against the Yankees after straining his left hamstring while ranging for a groundball on the infield and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s series-opener versus the Pirates.
May 1, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has avoided the disabled list so far, but tonight the Brewers right fielder is sitting out his fifth consecutive game with a strained oblique muscle.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 82
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 69
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)