Dec 19, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Because it is unheard of for Yankees players to have outside interests.
Oct 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
I guess shortstop is too much of a stretch.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EST
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
Joe Girardi says “we have to see where he’s at.”
Sep 26, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Chris Young, cleanup hitter.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
Some guys are star struck.
Sep 20, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Mark Teixeira’s wrist injury flared up again, forcing him out of Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays in the fifth inning.
Sep 17, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
After a solid first half Teixeira has batted .179 with 43 strikeouts in 42 games since the All-Star break.
Sep 16, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Teixeira initially played well after returning from an April disabled list stint, but he’s been a mess since the All-Star break while hitting .179 with 43 strikeouts in 42 games.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
The struggling Koji Uehara has been taken out of the closer’s role. Edward Mujica will close out ballgames in his stead.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Aug 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez shut down the Jacoby Ellsbury-less Yankees.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
More injury woes for Tex.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
A super sub at heart who can and will be used at multiple positions by the Yankees.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:28 PM EST
Mark Teixeira is out of the Yankees’ starting lineup for the eighth straight game tonight due to a lower lat strain, but he’s aiming to make his return tomorrow.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Yangervis Solarte was one of the Yankees’ biggest bright spots early on this season, coming out of nowhere to make the team as a 26-year-old career minor leaguer, grabbing hold of the starting job at third base, and hitting .300 with six homers and an .834 OPS in 49 games through April and May.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
According to manager Joe Girardi “he’s played through this and we fully expect him to be back in there tomorrow.”
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
Jun 21, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including some heroics from Carlos Beltran.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)