Jul 1, 2015, 7:31 AM EDT
Shutouts are rare in baseball these days. M’s rookie Mike Montgomery has two in a row.
Jun 28, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
A slug-fest in Houston and rain seemingly everywhere else.
Jun 25, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
A cold is a cold. A strained hammy is a strained hammy. What are “flu-like symptoms?”
Jun 24, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
OK, that’s putting it strongly. But it wasn’t the sort of day Hamels-coveters in the Bronx expected to see.
Jun 22, 2015, 11:22 PM EDT
Teixeira is enjoying a bounceback year at the age of 35, posting a .920 OPS to go along with 18 home runs and 49 RBI.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
May 2, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz won’t stop hitting home runs.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
The Mets have lost for the first time since April 11.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:26 PM EDT
Grant Balfour was designated for assignment following a disastrous Saturday night against the Yankees.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Mar 25, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
This could be the worst Yankees team in 25 years. It’s also a team that could sneak up and snag a wild card. With the 2015 Yankees, almost all things are possible. For better or worse.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
Chase Headley is expected to be the team’s regular third baseman this season, so Yankees manager Joe Girardi wants if Rodriguez can be a potential backup to Mark Teixeira.
Feb 25, 2015, 4:48 PM EDT
He credits a gluten-free, dairy-free diet and 13 pounds of added muscle.
Feb 24, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
We should probably start a “Dumb A-Rod Quote of the Day” feature around here, because they’re coming every single day.
Feb 23, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Because everything he does bothers someone.
Feb 14, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Davis was one of the biggest victims of increased shifting around MLB last season. He wants to be better prepared this year.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)