Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EST
The Dbacks’ 1B-OF will make $6.9 million in 2015.
Feb 10, 2015, 2:54 PM EST
$68.5 million investment learning a new position.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart denied last week that he was looking to trade Mark Trumbo, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Nov 7, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Mark Trumbo will play right field for the Diamondbacks next season. Getcha popcorn ready.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
New Diamondbacks GM Dave Stewart says “you have to like” Mark Trumbo. Do we really?
Sep 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Pirates and Cardinals go into the final game of the season still vying for the NL Central title.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Aug 1, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Tyler Skaggs exited Thursday’s start in the fifth inning with forearm tightness and now the Angels have placed the 22-year-old left-hander on the disabled list.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Angels left-hander Tyler Skaggs was working on a no-hitter against the Orioles this evening before he left his start with forearm tightness.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 11, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Mark Trumbo has returned to the Diamondbacks a little sooner than anticipated.
Jun 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Do the Diamondbacks have any players other teams will want at the trade deadline?
Jun 22, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
Diamondbacks slugger Mark Trumbo told reporters last week that he was ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment with his surgically-repaired left foot feeling “good to go,” but Arizona’s medical staff is pumping the breaks on that sense of optimism.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Mark Trumbo’s recovery from a fractured foot has taken much longer than expected, but the Diamondbacks left fielder said yesterday that he’s “good to go” and wants to begin a minor-league rehab assignment.
Jun 9, 2014, 11:58 PM EST
Angels left-hander Tyler Skaggs has been placed on the disabled list with a right hamstring strain. Hector Santiago will be called up from the minors to take his place in the starting rotation.
May 30, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Mark Trumbo was initially expected to miss six weeks with a fractured foot suffered on April 21 and said two weeks ago that he was “extremely pleased” with how the rehab process was progressing, but it turns out he’s not particularly close to returning after all.
May 22, 2014, 11:48 AM EST
Hector Santiago was supposed to be a big part of the Angels’ rotation when they acquired him from the White Sox in a three-team trade this offseason, but instead he pitched his way into a move to the bullpen two weeks ago and now they’ve demoted him to Triple-A.
May 17, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
Mark Trumbo is four weeks into what was expected to be a six-week recovery from a stress fracture in his left foot and the Diamondbacks left fielder told Zach Buchanan of the Arizona Republic that it’s shown “significant healing” and “I’m extremely pleased with it.”
May 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
GM Kevin Towers isn’t sure if he’ll be given enough time to watch his team turn things around. The Diamondbacks enter Saturday with an MLB-worst 10-22 record.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)