May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
Apr 7, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Third base? Right Field? First base? For now, Triple-A.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
New regime, different results?
Mar 24, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It all seemed unintentional, but you never know with these two teams.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:07 PM EDT
It sounds like Mark Trumbo is staying put in Arizona.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EDT
The Dbacks’ 1B-OF will make $6.9 million in 2015.
Feb 10, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
$68.5 million investment learning a new position.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart denied last week that he was looking to trade Mark Trumbo, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Nov 7, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Mark Trumbo will play right field for the Diamondbacks next season. Getcha popcorn ready.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
New Diamondbacks GM Dave Stewart says “you have to like” Mark Trumbo. Do we really?
Sep 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Pirates and Cardinals go into the final game of the season still vying for the NL Central title.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Aug 1, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Tyler Skaggs exited Thursday’s start in the fifth inning with forearm tightness and now the Angels have placed the 22-year-old left-hander on the disabled list.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Angels left-hander Tyler Skaggs was working on a no-hitter against the Orioles this evening before he left his start with forearm tightness.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 11, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Mark Trumbo has returned to the Diamondbacks a little sooner than anticipated.
Jun 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Do the Diamondbacks have any players other teams will want at the trade deadline?
Jun 22, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
Diamondbacks slugger Mark Trumbo told reporters last week that he was ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment with his surgically-repaired left foot feeling “good to go,” but Arizona’s medical staff is pumping the breaks on that sense of optimism.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Mark Trumbo’s recovery from a fractured foot has taken much longer than expected, but the Diamondbacks left fielder said yesterday that he’s “good to go” and wants to begin a minor-league rehab assignment.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 0
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 110
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (111)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)