Aug 22, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Chris Sale has made 24 starts this season. He has had double-digit strikeouts in half of them.
Aug 12, 2015, 7:12 AM EDT
All 15 home teams won yesterday. That has never happened since there have been 30 teams in baseball. Madison Bumgarner pitched fantastically. That happens all the time.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 26, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays ran the bases very poorly and it turned into a weird triple play for the Mariners.
Jul 17, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Players have had too much “string,” he says.
Jun 13, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Rickie Weeks signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Mariners over the winter, but he was designated for assignment this afternoon after struggling in part-time duty.
Jun 10, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
AL home run leader takes a day off.
Jun 4, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Ruggiano is batting just .214/.321/.357 with two home runs and three RBI over 81 plate appearances this season, but he has produced an .823 OPS against southpaws.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Quite a splash here for the early-June market …
May 31, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
Martin Maldonado graciously ended Sunday’s 17-inning affair between the Diamondbacks and Brewers with a home run.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
Apr 7, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Third base? Right Field? First base? For now, Triple-A.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
New regime, different results?
Mar 24, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It all seemed unintentional, but you never know with these two teams.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:07 PM EDT
It sounds like Mark Trumbo is staying put in Arizona.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EDT
The Dbacks’ 1B-OF will make $6.9 million in 2015.
Feb 10, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
$68.5 million investment learning a new position.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart denied last week that he was looking to trade Mark Trumbo, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
Dec 7, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
The Dodgers would have sent Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and money to Arizona for Montero and multiple lower-level prospects. But the majority owner of the Diamondbacks, Ken Kendrick, ruled against the trade because he likes Montero and was not comfortable trading him within the National League West.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Nov 7, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Mark Trumbo will play right field for the Diamondbacks next season. Getcha popcorn ready.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
New Diamondbacks GM Dave Stewart says “you have to like” Mark Trumbo. Do we really?
Sep 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Pirates and Cardinals go into the final game of the season still vying for the NL Central title.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)