Sep 1, 2015, 12:37 AM EDT
The Giants made a last-minute deal before the waiver trade deadline expired, picking up outfielder Alejandro De Aza from the Red Sox.
Aug 31, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
De Aza is batting .292 with 18 extra-base hits (including four home runs), 25 RBI, and an .831 OPS in 60 games since joining the Red Sox in June.
Aug 22, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Pagan has been sidelined since August 9 with right patella tendinitis.
Aug 22, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
Your Friday box scores and AP recaps.
Aug 21, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Marlon Byrd knows how to make an entrance.
Aug 20, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
With both center fielder Angel Pagan and right fielder Hunter Pence on the disabled list the Giants have swung a deal to get outfield help.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Aug 2, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Cincinnati hosted one of two benches-clearing incidents in baseball on Sunday.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Starling Marte’s defense prevented Mark Melancon from blowing a save and potentially taking a loss.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 25, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
The Padres are aiming high in a trade involving Justin Upton.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 19, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Cincinnati is still feeling some positive vibes from a highly successful week of All-Star festivities, but big business is underway in the executive offices at Great American Ball Park.
Jun 19, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Byrd homered in his first minor-league rehab game at Double-A.
Jun 4, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Devin Mesoraco hasn’t been able to catch since April 12 due to a left hip impingement and will eventually require surgery, but he hasn’t given up on a return this season.
Jun 3, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
Byrd suffered a fractured right wrist on Tuesday night when he was struck by a pitch. He’s had previous fractures in that same area, and the Reds are still determining how much time he might miss.
Jun 3, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Byrd had an eight-homer May after hitting just .169 in April.
May 17, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nine pitches, nine strikes, three strikeouts. That’s how Santiago Casilla finished off the Reds on Sunday.
May 15, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Dilson Herrera was hit in the hand during fielding drills on Friday. X-rays revealed a broken right middle finger.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 9, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Carlos Rodon earned the win in his first major league start against the Reds on Saturday.
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Phillies are going to be bad in 2015. But just how bad?
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)