Nov 6, 2014, 11:46 AM EST
See, I used this shadowed picture of Cliff Lee because . . . well, I’m not going to explain the symbolism, as it’s all rather complex and esoteric.
Nov 4, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
Even a 37-year-old slugger is worth something in this day and age.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Mets reliever Vic Black has been shut down with a shoulder injury just one week after returning from a disabled list stint for a herniated disk in his back.
Sep 2, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Preserved the shutout too.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Is it really a good thing if one’s team is one of only two teams in the last 113 years to have four relatively old players accrue a significant amount of playing time?
Aug 28, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Herrera, who was acquired from the Pirates in the Marlon Byrd deal last August, was batting .340/.406/.560 with 10 homers and 48 RBI over 61 games in Double-A this season.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
Vic Black has emerged as an effective late-inning bridge for the Mets this season, but now he’s headed to the 15-day disabled list with a herniated disk in his neck.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Phillies GM Ruben Amaro thinks oft-injured veteran outfielder Grady Sizemore could be a part of the team’s rebuilding effort.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
You happy, Philly?
Jul 31, 2014, 8:10 AM EST
The State of the Trade Deadline, eight hours before the music stops.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
It’s been a rumor for a good while, but now it’s going where rumors go when they die.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Phillies are paying the bills for their dynastic run, thanks in large part to Ruben Amaro’s mismanagement.
Jul 29, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
In what could throw a wrench into the Phillies’ plans to trade Marlon Byrd before Thursday’s deadline, the 36-year-old outfielder is out of tonight’s lineup after fouling a ball off his foot yesterday.
Jul 27, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Baseball’s implementation of home plate collision rules, meant to protect catchers, hasn’t gone as smoothly as expected this season. There was yet another example on Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Yankees are eyeing Twins outfielder Josh Willingham, who would require less of a committment in years and money than Alex Rios and Marlon Byrd.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EST
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jul 20, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
Cincinnati is going to be without second baseman Brandon Phillips (thumb) and first baseman Joey Votto (quad) for another month at least, so to stay in contention in a crowded National League Central race upgrades will probably have to be made at the July 31 deadline. And the hunt has already begun.
Jul 15, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Last week the Mariners were said to be interested in Phillies outfielder Marlon Byrd and now their search for a right-handed hitter apparently includes Royals designated hitter Billy Butler.
Jul 11, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
Including one that is actually interested in Byrd.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
He could be a good fit in Seattle.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
It’s time to re-tool in Philadelphia.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)