Aug 19, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Latos has allowed 12 runs in 14.2 innings for the Dodgers.
Aug 14, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
First we’ll use Spahn, then we’ll use Sain, then an off day followed by rain. Back will come Spahn, followed by Sain, and followed, we hope, by two days of rain.
Aug 14, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
With Kyle Schwarber the Cubs putting the other wild card contenders behind them, we may get some Thunderdome races in the NL East and West: Two teams enter, one team leaves.
Aug 8, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Francisco Liriano hit his first career home run, helping the Pirates keep pace with the Dodgers in a slugfest on Saturday.
Aug 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Marlins ace Jose Fernandez will have his right shoulder examined by a doctor. He left his team, currently in Atlanta.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
Yes, I realize it’s silly to do this an hour after the trade deadline, as time is required to see how this stuff truly shakes out. But what is the Internet for if not kneejerk reactions?
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 30, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Morse is owed $8 million next season, but the Dodgers covered it in order to complete Thursday’s 13-player trade with the Marlins and Braves.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
This is a big trade. At least in mass.
Jul 29, 2015, 5:21 PM EDT
The trade deadline be crazy.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:19 AM EDT
Breaking down the Blue Jays-Rockies blockbuster.
Jul 22, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Mat Latos and Dan Haren are drawing most of the discussion on the Marlins’ trade block, but Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald notes that right-handed reliever Steve Cishek could also be on the move ahead of the July 31 deadline.
Jul 22, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s allowed just one earned run in his past 14 innings.
Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 10, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The floundering Marlins are heading into sell mode as the trade deadline approaches, so that means Mat Latos and Dan Haren are available.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
Jun 29, 2015, 8:09 PM EDT
It was reported over the weekend that the Dodgers and Cubs were among the teams with interest in a trade for Mets left-hander Jon Niese.
Jun 18, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is now at 2,999 hits for his career.
Jun 12, 2015, 11:16 PM EDT
The Marlins get Mat Latos and Steve Cishek back from the disabled list and Double-A, respectively.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Latos has struggled to the tune of a 6.12 ERA across nine starts this season.
May 22, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Bad news for the reeling Marlins: starters Mat Latos and Henderson Alvarez both will take at least a couple of weeks off due to injuries.
May 16, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
If you’re going to hit your first career home run, why not make it a grand slam?
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
The Marlins are off to a disappointing 3-8 start this season and slugger Giancarlo Stanton doesn’t like what he has seen.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 0
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 55
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (238)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)