Mar 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
It doesn’t seem like the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann will reach an agreement on a contract extension before the regular season begins.
Mar 19, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Do the Marlins have what it takes to contend for the NL Wild Card in 2015?
Mar 16, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
Tony Cingrani was very impressive starting games for the Reds as a 23-year-old rookie in 2013.
Feb 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Mat Latos thinks a veteran presence can tie a young team together and pointed to the 2012 and ’13 Reds teams as examples.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 20, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
If Latos invites you to a cookout: say no.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 5, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
That means Latos will make $9.4 million in his final season before free agency, rather than the $10.4 million he requested.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Reds get a left fielder. The Phillies unload at least part of a contract.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Latos will be a free agent next offseason and is coming off an injury wrecked year.
Dec 11, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
Mike Leake? Mat Latos? It can’t be Cueto, can it?
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Nov 7, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Trades surprise people all the time, of course, but something to keep in mind amid all the rumors swirling.
Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
The whole year?!!! *someone whispers in my ear that there’s only a week left* Oh, in that case.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Reds right-hander Mat Latos was scratched from his scheduled start Friday against the Brewers due to a bone bruise in his pitching elbow. It’s not believed to be a serious injury, but the regular season is over in two weeks and Cincinnati enters play Sunday with a record of 71-78. So there’s no reason to push it.
Sep 12, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
Right-hander Daniel Corcino, who has appeared in just two games as a reliever since making his MLB debut in late August, will start in Latos’ place against the Brewers.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
Mike Minor is on point in Cincinnati against the Reds on Friday night.
Aug 13, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The last Red Sox pitcher to steal a base? Bill Landis on September 8, 1969.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EDT
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 61
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)