Oct 7, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Shelby Miller.
Oct 6, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu vs. John Lackey.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 AM EDT
Can anybody stop Matt Carpenter in October?
Oct 4, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
The Dodgers scored a pair of runs in the third inning after benefiting from a reviewed tag play.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Lance Lynn opposes Zack Greinke on the mound in Game 2 of the NLDS in Los Angeles.
Oct 3, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
Thanks to Matt Carpenter and Matt Holliday, the Cardinals mounted a comeback against Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers to take a four-run lead late in Game 1 of the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
The Cardinals took an early 1-0 lead in NLDS Game 1, but the Dodgers fought back and scored twice in each of the third and fourth innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Adam Wainwright.
Sep 29, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Craig had a season unlike any other first baseman or corner outfielder in 70 years.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 14, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
Matt Adams is out of the Cardinals’ lineup for Sunday’s series finale against the Rockies due to lingering tightness in his left oblique, according to Stan McNeal of FOX Sports Midwest. It’s something that Adams has been dealing with for much of this month. He’s just 7-for-41 (.189) since August 31.
Sep 11, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Pretty good reaction from the fan trying to catch a would-be homer, too.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 7, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
The Brewers led the National League Central for 159 straight days, but they could fall all the way back to third place by dinner time on Sunday evening. Lance Lynn did a fine job of damage control for six innings and Matt Adams and Oscar Taveras both homered off Kyle Lohse as the Cardinals took down host Milwaukee 5-3 on Saturday night at Miller Park, moving to four games up in the division standings.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams is hitting just .125 (6-for-48) over his last 14 games and now he’s dealing with a left oblique strain.
Sep 4, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Scruggs will be making his big-league debut at age 26 after hitting .286 with 21 homers and an .864 OPS in 135 games at Triple-A.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
Matt Carpenter walked, Kolten Wong singled, Matt Holliday singled, and Matt Adams homered as the Cardinals plated four runs before Dodgers starter Zack Greinke could even record an out Saturday in an eventual 4-2 victory at a sold-out Busch Stadium.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another loss for the Brewers.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 AM EDT
Two guys had multiple homer games last night. Four teams got shutout. Just another night in the all-or-nothing age of Major League Baseball
Jun 21, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Trevor Rosenthal attempted to make a bare-handed play to throw Ryan Howard out at first base last night. It worked. Sort of.
Jun 17, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Royals are knocking on the door of first place after knocking a former Cy Young Award and MVP winner around pretty good.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)