Apr 7, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Correia was released by the Mariners at the end of spring training after posting a 16.88 ERA in three Cactus League appearances. The 34-year-old will act as orgnizational rotation depth for the Giants, who badly need it now that …
Apr 7, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Cain was in line to pitch the Giants’ third regular-season game on Wednesday in Arizona, but 26-year-old right-hander Chris Heston has been recalled from Triple-A Fresno and will take the bump instead.
Apr 6, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
Cain was expected to start Wednesday against the Diamondbacks, but that’s up in the air now.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 9, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Cain had season-ending surgery last August to remove bone spurs from his right elbow as well as ankle surgery in September.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
At age 30 he’s owed $67.5 million for the next three years.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
A handy checklist to help you decide who to root for in the Fall Classic
Sep 27, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Matt Cain went under the knife again, this time to remove a bone spur in his right ankle.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
A lost season ends for the Giants’ righty.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Matt Cain hasn’t made a decision on elbow surgery, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect him to pitch again this year.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
Matt Cain’s ulnar collateral ligament has checked out fine, but he’s dealing with “loose bodies” in his throwing elbow and it’s unclear when he’ll pitch again.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
No ballplayer wants to fly to Birmingham, Alabama during the season for a very, very good reason.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The Giants picked up Jake Peavy for a reason — Matt Cain hasn’t been progressing as expected from his elbow injury.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
After letting Matt Cain pitch (poorly) through a “cranky” elbow since spring training the Giants finally shut him down yesterday, placing him on the disabled list with elbow inflammation.
Jul 21, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Playing through an injury: Still a really, really bad idea.
Jul 18, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
Cain, who apparently never reveals much of anything to reporters about his health status, said only: “I’m feeling like I’m feeling.”
Jun 24, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
What could have been a turn-around start in a disappointing season for Matt Cain quickly turned into another bad loss.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)