Aug 28, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Chris Heston will return to the Giants’ rotation to replace the injured Matt Cain on Sunday.
Aug 18, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Leake made just one start for the Giants after they acquired the impending free agent from the Reds at the July 31 trade deadline.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Not a bad return following Tommy John surgery.
Jul 2, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
And place Tim Lincecum on the disabled list.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum will be placed on the disabled list with a forearm bruise to open a rotation spot.
Jun 27, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum left Saturday’s start against the Rockies after he was hit in the throwing arm by a comebacker off the bat of D.J. LeMahieu with two outs in the second inning.
Jun 22, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Lincecum had the shortest start of his career Sunday.
Jun 20, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Jake Peavy will rejoin the Giants’ rotation soon and Matt Cain isn’t too far behind.
Jun 10, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Cain has been out for nearly a year.
Jun 9, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Chris Heston was a 12th-round pick in 2009 and entered play Tuesday with a 4.35 ERA and 1.38 WHIP in career major league 70 1/3 innings. But throw out all that stuff for now.
Apr 30, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Apr 7, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Correia was released by the Mariners at the end of spring training after posting a 16.88 ERA in three Cactus League appearances. The 34-year-old will act as orgnizational rotation depth for the Giants, who badly need it now that …
Apr 7, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Cain was in line to pitch the Giants’ third regular-season game on Wednesday in Arizona, but 26-year-old right-hander Chris Heston has been recalled from Triple-A Fresno and will take the bump instead.
Apr 6, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
Cain was expected to start Wednesday against the Diamondbacks, but that’s up in the air now.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 9, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Cain had season-ending surgery last August to remove bone spurs from his right elbow as well as ankle surgery in September.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
At age 30 he’s owed $67.5 million for the next three years.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)