Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Not a bad return following Tommy John surgery.
Jul 2, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
And place Tim Lincecum on the disabled list.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum will be placed on the disabled list with a forearm bruise to open a rotation spot.
Jun 27, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum left Saturday’s start against the Rockies after he was hit in the throwing arm by a comebacker off the bat of D.J. LeMahieu with two outs in the second inning.
Jun 22, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Lincecum had the shortest start of his career Sunday.
Jun 20, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Jake Peavy will rejoin the Giants’ rotation soon and Matt Cain isn’t too far behind.
Jun 10, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Cain has been out for nearly a year.
Jun 9, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Chris Heston was a 12th-round pick in 2009 and entered play Tuesday with a 4.35 ERA and 1.38 WHIP in career major league 70 1/3 innings. But throw out all that stuff for now.
Apr 30, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Apr 7, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Correia was released by the Mariners at the end of spring training after posting a 16.88 ERA in three Cactus League appearances. The 34-year-old will act as orgnizational rotation depth for the Giants, who badly need it now that …
Apr 7, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Cain was in line to pitch the Giants’ third regular-season game on Wednesday in Arizona, but 26-year-old right-hander Chris Heston has been recalled from Triple-A Fresno and will take the bump instead.
Apr 6, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
Cain was expected to start Wednesday against the Diamondbacks, but that’s up in the air now.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 9, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Cain had season-ending surgery last August to remove bone spurs from his right elbow as well as ankle surgery in September.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
At age 30 he’s owed $67.5 million for the next three years.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
A handy checklist to help you decide who to root for in the Fall Classic
Sep 27, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Matt Cain went under the knife again, this time to remove a bone spur in his right ankle.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 33
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 47
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 65
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)