Feb 24, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
At age 30 he’s owed $67.5 million for the next three years.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EST
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:26 AM EST
A handy checklist to help you decide who to root for in the Fall Classic
Sep 27, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Matt Cain went under the knife again, this time to remove a bone spur in his right ankle.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
A lost season ends for the Giants’ righty.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Matt Cain hasn’t made a decision on elbow surgery, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect him to pitch again this year.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
Matt Cain’s ulnar collateral ligament has checked out fine, but he’s dealing with “loose bodies” in his throwing elbow and it’s unclear when he’ll pitch again.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
No ballplayer wants to fly to Birmingham, Alabama during the season for a very, very good reason.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Giants picked up Jake Peavy for a reason — Matt Cain hasn’t been progressing as expected from his elbow injury.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
After letting Matt Cain pitch (poorly) through a “cranky” elbow since spring training the Giants finally shut him down yesterday, placing him on the disabled list with elbow inflammation.
Jul 21, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Playing through an injury: Still a really, really bad idea.
Jul 18, 2014, 7:14 PM EST
Cain, who apparently never reveals much of anything to reporters about his health status, said only: “I’m feeling like I’m feeling.”
Jun 24, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
What could have been a turn-around start in a disappointing season for Matt Cain quickly turned into another bad loss.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The hottest property at the trade deadline is being scouted by contenders.
Jun 15, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times reported Saturday afternoon that the Cubs have already been in trade talks with multiple teams about ace right-hander Jeff Samardzija. Some of those calls have apparently come from San Francisco.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Giants get a familiar face back from the disabled list just in time to make tonight’s start against the Mets.
Jun 4, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Matt Cain has been cleared to return to the Giants’ starting rotation on Friday after missing two turns due to a mild hamstring strain.
May 31, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Ruben Tejada shocked the baseball world by homering on Saturday against the Phillies.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (272)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)