Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
Jul 31, 2015, 7:34 AM EDT
In a night of several walkoffs — including a walkoff walk — Jason Castro had the biggest, helping Houston complete the sweep of the Angels.
Jul 12, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
What a night it was at Pittsburgh’s PNC Park.
Jul 11, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important NL Central battle.
Jun 29, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Six of the eight spots seem all but settled.
Jun 27, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Bob Costas veered into the dark in calling Pedro Strop’s ouster from Friday’s game against the Cardinals.
Jun 9, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
And zero Kansas City Royals!
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 27, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
And Missouri continues to represent well.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 13, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
And for that we should be very, very grateful.
May 11, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter will rejoin the Cardinals to open up a three-game series in Cleveland on Tuesday.
May 10, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter was held back in St. Louis this weekend as the Cardinals traveled to Pittsburgh because the star third baseman was dealing with a range of concerning symptoms like an accelerated heart rate and extreme fatigue.
May 8, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter isn’t in the Cardinals’ lineup for a second consecutive game due to “extreme fatigue”.
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
May 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Cardinals won again in walk-off fashion and now own baseball’s best record.
May 3, 2015, 8:32 AM EDT
For the second consecutive day, the Cardinals took down the visiting Pirates on an extra-inning walkoff.
May 2, 2015, 8:53 AM EDT
A quick look at a busy Friday around MLB, including an early NL Central battle between the Cardinals and Pirates.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 22, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
Cardinals third baseman Matt Carpenter entered play Wednesday batting .380/.426/.640 in 54 plate appearances and he added to that impressive slash line in the top of the first inning …
Apr 17, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter made a cool maneuver to score the tying run in the bottom of the first against the Reds on Friday night.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 5, 2015, 11:23 PM EDT
The Cardinals blanked the Cubs 3-0 on Opening Night in Chicago on Sunday, officially kicking off the 2015 regular season.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)