May 21, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
Brewers reliever Will Smith was ejected from Thursday’s game against the Braves in the bottom of the seventh inning after he was found to have a foreign substance on his non-throwing arm.
May 16, 2015, 8:57 PM EDT
That’s a lot of runs!
May 5, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
The Brewers’ catcher is on a team-friendly deal and is viewed as a cornerstone of the franchise.
May 3, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
Ron Roenicke is the first casualty of the Brewers’ poor start to the season.
May 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
The Brewers are off to a rough start and are reportedly ready to start selling off some players.
Apr 16, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“Right shoulder discomfort.”
Mar 19, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
This was a top-heavy group last year and it killed them down the stretch. It’s top-heavy again in 2015.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Liriano was a buy-low pickup for the Pirates two offseasons ago and provided a huge return on a minimal investment.
Nov 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Liriano started 55 games for Pittsburgh with a 3.20 ERA and 338 strikeouts in 323 innings.
Sep 25, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Garza is in the first season of a four-year, $50 million contract.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
He said it rather than tweeted it. Which is sad, because I had good money on it coming out “your just an idiot” if he had tweeted it.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Matt Garza doesn’t hit many batters, but the right-hander managed to hit Andrew McCutchen twice in his start on Saturday.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Alex Cobb went 7 1/3 innings Thursday before allowing his first hit against the Yankees.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
The Brewers are tied for first place and need a boost.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The Brewers will get Matt Garza back in the rotation on Wednesday, when they’ll take on the Cubs at Wrigley Field.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 16, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse left his start against the Cubs on Wednesday after he aggravated a right ankle sprain and the Brewers will skip his next turn in the rotation in order to give him some rest.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Garza was cruising along through six shutout, one-hit innings on just 71 pitches when he got hurt and given the nature of oblique strain recovery timetables he’s unlikely to pitch again before September.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Aug 3, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
Matt Garza dominated the Cardinals on Sunday, but left after six innings due to an oblique injury.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
The Brewers have scratched rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson from Saturday’s start, but it mostly looks like a convenient excuse to manipulate their rotation this weekend.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
The scoreless streak is over for Clayton Kershaw, but the dominance remains.
Jul 10, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
The Cardinals and Reds were both dealt some tough blows on the injury front today, but the Brewers are doing their part to let them hang around in the National League Central.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 9
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 9
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)