Aug 11, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Cole Hamels allowed five runs in his Texas debut August 1 against the Giants and four earned in his second Rangers start August 7 versus the Mariners. Now comes word from MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan that the left-hander has been …
Aug 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Matt Harrison has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. The diagnosis, he hopes, allows him to deal with his various issues, including his back problems.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
Yes, I realize it’s silly to do this an hour after the trade deadline, as time is required to see how this stuff truly shakes out. But what is the Internet for if not kneejerk reactions?
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:33 AM EDT
Trades are judged twice: when they’re made and a couple of years later when we see how they turned out. For now, however, this is a win-win deal for Texas and Philadelphia.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
It’s a massive two-team, eight-player blockbuster deal that will net the Phillies a frontline starter for this year and years to come while injecting more young talent into the Phillies’ under-construction minor league system.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
The very latest on the Cole Hamels trade front …
Jul 27, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez rang in his 40th birthday tonight by doing exactly what he’s been doing for much of the past 20 years.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Chi Chi Gonzalez posted good results in his first seven major league starts, but he’ll cede his rotation spot to Matt Harrison and head back to Triple-A.
Jul 4, 2015, 12:58 AM EDT
In a shocking move, the Rangers designated Neftali Feliz for assignment to clear roster space for Matt Harrison.
Jun 26, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Matt Harrison could rejoin the Rangers’ rotation before the All-Star break.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Feb 1, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Harrison has put off moving his throwing program from 90 feet to out 105 feet because he is experiencing tightness in his right hip.
Jan 7, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
Rangers starter Matt Harrison underwent lumbar disc fusion surgery last June to correct a lingering back problem. The procedure has been called career-threatening, but Harrison isn’t giving up hope that he will be able to pitch again at the major league level.
Aug 29, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
The injury-ravaged Rangers managed to tie a major league record for all the wrong reasons when they called up Ryan Rua from Triple-A on Friday.
Jun 4, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Alexi Ogando is headed to the disabled list with elbow inflammation after posting a 6.84 ERA in 25 innings this season.
Jun 3, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
Matt Harrison has been limited to two starts over the past two seasons because of lingering back issues, and now his career might be in jeopardy. Anthony Andro of FOXSportsSouthwest.com reports that Harrison underwent lumbar disc fusion surgery on Tuesday in Dallas, Texas.
May 22, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
In another brutal blow for the Rangers, Prince Fielder is tentatively scheduled to undergo cervical fusion surgery on Tuesday. He’s expected to miss the rest of the season.
May 18, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Rangers starter Derek Holland feels ready to begin a rehab assignment, but GM Jon Daniels is “tapping the brakes” on that idea.
May 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
In life, you can count on death, taxes, and Prince Fielder being in the lineup. That is, until Saturday night.
May 15, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Rangers left-hander Martin Perez will join the long list of pitchers to have Tommy John surgery this season.
May 14, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
The Rangers received a salvo of bad news on Wednesday involving pitchers Martin Perez and Matt Harrison.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EDT
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Nolan Arenado singled in the third inning this evening to extend his hitting streak to 28 games, setting a franchise record in the process.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)