Jun 25, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
At least that’s what Ken Rosenthal is hearing.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 17, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
It was not a clown question, bro. It was even worse!
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Matt Harvey after allowing career-high seven runs: “I’m just not doing my job very well … my arm feels great”
Jun 11, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
Harvey is 1-3 with a 7.20 ERA in his last four starts.
Jun 6, 2015, 3:19 PM EDT
That didn’t last long.
May 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
His elbow was very well protected for the interview.
May 26, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Mets ace Matt Harvey had the worst start of his young major league career on Saturday against the Pirates, surrendering seven runs in four innings, and manager Terry Collins indicated a few days later that Harvey is fighting through a period of “dead arm.”
May 25, 2015, 9:49 AM EDT
“My arm feels fine, my body feels fine.”
May 19, 2015, 6:10 AM EDT
Not a full schedule yesterday but all but one game was decided by one run. And Josh Donaldson probably needs to have his mouth washed out with Lifebuoy.
May 18, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
Check out these awesome Batman cleats that Lance McCullers, Jr. wore in his major league debut tonight against the Athletics.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is one of many major leaguers Matt Harvey has impressed.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
The Mets have lost for the first time since April 11.
Apr 22, 2015, 9:42 PM EDT
Mets ace Matt Harvey visited a doctor in New York on Wednesday evening for a left ankle injury that has been bothering him for over a month. But all is well, per MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo …
Apr 19, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Mark down seven straight wins for the Mets, who will try for a four-game Citi Field sweep of the Marlins on Sunday afternoon behind staff ace Matt Harvey.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
The Marlins are off to a disappointing 3-8 start this season and slugger Giancarlo Stanton doesn’t like what he has seen.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
The Mets will be stretching out Rafael Montero as a starter at Triple-A Las Vegas before bringing him back to the majors for a spot start against the Marlins.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
The players’ only meeting lasted just a few minutes. When it was over, Papelbon was vague about his reason for getting his teammates together.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
The injury bug has again bitten David Wright.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 10:49 PM EDT
Bryce Harper had some complimentary words for Matt Harvey after striking out three times against the Mets’ ace on Thursday.
Apr 9, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
Harvey dominated the Nationals and especially Bryce Harper.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)