Jul 27, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Hamstring and calf injuries have limited Victorino to just 33 games this season.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jun 20, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a comeback win for the Angels.
Jun 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s making $4.75 million.
May 29, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
Corey Kulber’s last four starts: 3-0 with 50 strikeouts and two walks in 32 innings. Yowza.
May 21, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Phillies have reportedly talked to the Angels about a deal involving Revere.
May 19, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It’s a mistake that should never happen. I feel terrible about it. It won’t happen again.”
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 2, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
A stroke of luck bailed the Giants out in the ninth inning when their bullpen went into meltdown mode.
May 2, 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
Albert Pujols missed two days after leaving Wednesday’s game due to left hamstring tightness, but he’s back in the starting lineup today against the Giants. While he’ll return to his standard No. 3 spot, Angels manager Mike Scioscia has made some changes with his lineup.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Dec 16, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
An outfielder-for-reliever swap.
Dec 10, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
Myers was limited to 87 games this past season due to a wrist injury and batted just .222/.294/.320 with six home runs.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Joyce has been a productive regular for the Rays since 2010.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Pretty much everything went the Orioles’ way this evening.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
What contenders are just a pretenders? Who needs to make a big trade? Who actually WILL make a big trade? Come on in for all of your second half preview needs.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 20, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
I’m assuming this is one you’ve never seen before.
Apr 5, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
According to a report, the Mets turned down an offer from the Orioles over the winter that would have netted them left-hander Zach Britton.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
From Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune comes the following photo of Rays manager Joe Maddon getting a close shave Sunday in camp. Matt Joyce, Ben Zobrist, James Loney, and Jake McGee were among the other participants in “Fortune Favors The Bald,” a charity event for pediatric cancer. Ava finishes the job on #rays Maddon…
Nov 18, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Edgar Martinez’s and David Ortiz‘s Hall of Fame cases often get bogged down in “they’re only part-time players” and “anyone can just DH” arglebargle. But when you look around you realize that there are fewer and fewer guys who can make the full-time DH thing work. Indeed, there are 15 teams who use a DH…
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)