Dec 18, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
It took long enough, but Matt Kemp has finally been traded to the Padres.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Rollins is not tied to Kemp, at least not entirely.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
And the Padres “continue to consult medical experts.”
Dec 17, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
And if it blows up, it could impact the Jimmy Rollins trade too.
Dec 16, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reported last week that the Rays had received calls from “about a half-dozen teams” regarding the availability of young outfielder Wil Myers. And it appears the Tampa Bay front office was paying attention to those calls …
Dec 15, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
Even with him and Matt Kemp, though, the Padres would still have a lot of holes.
Dec 14, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Matt Kemp deal will come closer to becoming finalized when the outfielder takes a physical.
Dec 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
There is a bit of uncertainty around Mariners shortstop Brad Miller, but the club sounds intent on keeping him in town.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Haters gonna hate.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
The deal isn’t officially announced, but Matt Kemp said goodbye to Dodgers fans and the city of Los Angeles today after learning that he’s headed to the Padres.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
With a void in right field, many consider the Mariners a natural fit to sign free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera. However, it’s far from a sure thing.
Dec 11, 2014, 3:54 AM EDT
The Dodgers aren’t done making deals yet. They are reportedly close to a trade to send outfielder Matt Kemp to San Diego.
Dec 10, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
The Dodgers are known to have their eyes on Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal, but Los Angeles wants at least one other piece.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Kemp appears more and more likely to be headed to the Padres.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Matt Kemp may soon be on the move. Just a bit south down the I-5.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
Dec 5, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Ethier is owed $18 million in 2015, $18 million in 2016, $17.5 million in 2017, and $17.5 million or a $2.5 million buyout for 2018.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The Padres and Mariners are still in play too.
Dec 4, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Yasmani Grandal could be one of the pieces to head back to the Dodgers.
Dec 2, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported Sunday that the Orioles had reached out to the Dodgers to discuss the possibility of acquiring outfielder Matt Kemp. But it doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 35
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)