Dec 18, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
And the Padres “continue to consult medical experts.”
Dec 17, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
And if it blows up, it could impact the Jimmy Rollins trade too.
Dec 16, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reported last week that the Rays had received calls from “about a half-dozen teams” regarding the availability of young outfielder Wil Myers. And it appears the Tampa Bay front office was paying attention to those calls …
Dec 15, 2014, 9:14 AM EDT
Even with him and Matt Kemp, though, the Padres would still have a lot of holes.
Dec 14, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Matt Kemp deal will come closer to becoming finalized when the outfielder takes a physical.
Dec 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
There is a bit of uncertainty around Mariners shortstop Brad Miller, but the club sounds intent on keeping him in town.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Haters gonna hate.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
The deal isn’t officially announced, but Matt Kemp said goodbye to Dodgers fans and the city of Los Angeles today after learning that he’s headed to the Padres.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
With a void in right field, many consider the Mariners a natural fit to sign free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera. However, it’s far from a sure thing.
Dec 11, 2014, 3:54 AM EDT
The Dodgers aren’t done making deals yet. They are reportedly close to a trade to send outfielder Matt Kemp to San Diego.
Dec 10, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
The Dodgers are known to have their eyes on Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal, but Los Angeles wants at least one other piece.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Kemp appears more and more likely to be headed to the Padres.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Matt Kemp may soon be on the move. Just a bit south down the I-5.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
Dec 5, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Ethier is owed $18 million in 2015, $18 million in 2016, $17.5 million in 2017, and $17.5 million or a $2.5 million buyout for 2018.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The Padres and Mariners are still in play too.
Dec 4, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Yasmani Grandal could be one of the pieces to head back to the Dodgers.
Dec 2, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported Sunday that the Orioles had reached out to the Dodgers to discuss the possibility of acquiring outfielder Matt Kemp. But it doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 8:08 AM EDT
They keep causing people to freak out. Maybe we shouldn’t care so much?
Nov 30, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
It was assumed that the Orioles would try to retain Nick Markakis but they could look elsewhere according to the latest report.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)