Apr 4, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Anthony Recker was a hero for the Mets on Saturday, blasting a game-tying grand slam in the ninth inning against the Rangers.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Mets are likely to open the regular season without Daniel Murphy at second base.
Mar 21, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Murphy could be at risk for missing the start of the season.
Nov 1, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
The game, which will begin at 8 p.m. ET, will be shown on MLB Network and can be streamed live on MLB.com.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks announced this evening that they have exercised club options on right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander Matt Reynolds for 2015.
Sep 17, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Diamondbacks reliever Matt Reynolds hasn’t pitched since June due to an elbow injury and is headed for Tommy John surgery after suffering a setback in his rest-and-rehab attempt. Reynolds was acquired from the Rockies in November and tossed 27 innings with a 1.98 ERA and 23/5 K/BB ratio before going on the disabled list, but…
May 22, 2013, 6:47 AM EDT
Rockies 5, Diamondbacks 4: One of four games to require ten frames last night. This from the AP gamer: Reliever Matt Reynolds tried to outthink his former teammate, guess what pitch Wilin Rosario would be looking for and throw the opposite. Only, Rosario knew Reynolds was trying to get inside his head, so … Long story short, Rosario spent the last…
May 8, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
This isn’t good: J.J. Putz left his appearance last night because of elbow stiffness. Putz has been struggling so far this year — he’s allowed six runs on 12 hits and eight walks in twelve and two-thirds — and perhaps this is the reason why. If he is DL’d, the Dbacks’ options at closer are David Hernandez,…
Apr 25, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
The Rockies just announced that first baseman Todd Helton was placed on the 15-day disabled list with left forearm inflammation. The 39-year-old hasn’t played since last Friday, so the Rockies didn’t want to go short-handed on their roster any longer. Ryan Wheeler, who was acquired from the Diamondbacks over the winter in exchange for left-hander…
Jan 17, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
According to Creg Stephenson of GulfLive.com, the Diamondbacks and left-hander Tony Sipp have avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $1.275 million contract. Sipp was arbitration-eligible for the first time this offseason after posting a 4.42 ERA and 51/23 K/BB ratio over 55 innings with the Indians in 2012. The 29-year-old owns a 3.68 ERA…
Dec 11, 2012, 10:06 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks and GM Kevin Towers knew all about Trevor Bauer‘s odd delivery and unusual throwing program when they made him the third overall pick in the 2011 draft. If they had questions about him then, they overlooked them in order to get one of the top talents on the board. Now, a year and…
Nov 20, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
A few weeks after acquiring Heath Bell, the Diamondbacks made another addition to their bullpen on Tuesday, picking up lefty Matt Reynolds from the Diamondbacks for infielder Ryan Wheeler. Reynolds, 28, had a nice debut with the Rockies in 2010 but was pretty mediocre since, amassing a 4.09 ERA in 2011 and a 4.40 ERA…
Mar 17, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies will discuss today whether to sign Dontrelle Willis, who was released by the Phillies yesterday after allowing five runs on five hits and four walks over 2 2/3 innings this spring while dealing with arm fatigue. “It’s tough at this point in camp, but we…
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 133
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 132
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (134)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)