Sep 16, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Angels right-hander Matt Shoemaker departed his sensational start Monday night against the Mariners after experiencing discomfort on the left side of his rib cage in the top of the eighth inning. He underwent an MRI on Tuesday and the diagnosis is in …
Sep 16, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
The Angels starter pitched well last night, but felt some discomfort at the end of his stint.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
MLB’s best team continues to cruise through September.
Sep 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Victor Martinez continued his fantastic season with a great August showing, while Josh Harrison allowed the Pirates to weather the loss of reigning NL MVP Andrew McCutchen.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
According to Peter Gammons, the Orioles and Yankees are “claiming everyone” on waivers, which will make it difficult for the Angels to improve their starting rotation after losing Garrett Richards.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Another Washington walkoff. Another dominant Clayton Kershaw start. And some unusual stuff happened too.
Aug 17, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
Suddenly the American League West is all tied up. Albert Pujols and Howie Kendrick both went yard and Matt Shoemaker pitched well over 5 2/3 innings as the Angels topped the Rangers 5-4 on Saturday night in Arlington, Texas. The A’s, meanwhile, got a third straight poor start from Sonny Gray and lost 4-3 to the Braves at Atlanta’s Turner Field.
Jul 7, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
Angels right-hander Jered Weaver was forced to leave tonight’s start against the Blue Jays after just two innings due to lower back tightness.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
May 25, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Matt Shoemaker has a solid 3.18 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 22 2/3 total innings this season, but he yielded eight hits and three runs over five frames in a loss Saturday night to the Royals and so the Angels are going to try something different this week.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 21
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)