Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:41 AM EST
Overstocking the bullpen has done the Halos little good so far.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Angels starter Matt Shoemaker hasn’t pitched in a game since September 15 due to a left oblique strain, but he is making steady progress behind the scenes and expects to be available for the ALDS.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 28, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
More good news for the Angels: Matt Shoemaker felt great after throwing a bullpen on Sunday. He could return in time to start in the ALDS for the Angels.
Sep 27, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Matt Shoemaker long tossed on Saturday and said that the tightness in his left oblique is nearly gone. He’s attempting to rejoin the Angels’ rotation in time for the ALDS.
Sep 22, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Shoemaker came out of nowhere to go 16-4 with a 3.07 ERA and 124/24 K/BB ratio in 136 innings as a 27-year-old rookie, including a 9-1 record and 1.49 ERA in 67 innings since late July.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
The Angels’ rotation is thin beyond Matt Shoemaker, Jered Weaver, and C.J. Wilson, so manager Mike Scioscia may do the obvious thing and utilize a three-man rotation in the ALDS.
Sep 16, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
Angels right-hander Matt Shoemaker departed his sensational start Monday night against the Mariners after experiencing discomfort on the left side of his rib cage in the top of the eighth inning. He underwent an MRI on Tuesday and the diagnosis is in …
Sep 16, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
The Angels starter pitched well last night, but felt some discomfort at the end of his stint.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:04 AM EST
MLB’s best team continues to cruise through September.
Sep 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Victor Martinez continued his fantastic season with a great August showing, while Josh Harrison allowed the Pirates to weather the loss of reigning NL MVP Andrew McCutchen.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
According to Peter Gammons, the Orioles and Yankees are “claiming everyone” on waivers, which will make it difficult for the Angels to improve their starting rotation after losing Garrett Richards.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Another Washington walkoff. Another dominant Clayton Kershaw start. And some unusual stuff happened too.
Aug 17, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
Suddenly the American League West is all tied up. Albert Pujols and Howie Kendrick both went yard and Matt Shoemaker pitched well over 5 2/3 innings as the Angels topped the Rangers 5-4 on Saturday night in Arlington, Texas. The A’s, meanwhile, got a third straight poor start from Sonny Gray and lost 4-3 to the Braves at Atlanta’s Turner Field.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)