Mar 21, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Matt Wieters came down with some tendinitis in his elbow earlier this week after catching in a game for the first time since Tommy John surgery and now he’s essentially been ruled out for the start of the season.
Mar 19, 2015, 4:54 PM EDT
He’ll still be shut down for a while as a precautionary measure.
Mar 18, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Wieters’ comeback from Tommy John elbow surgery has hit a snag.
Mar 15, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Matt Wieters is due $8.3 million in 2015 — his final year of salary arbitration — and he can then become a free agent. And it sounds like he will indeed land on the open market next winter.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
Wieters underwent Tommy John elbow surgery in June.
Jan 8, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
Matt Wieters’ uncertain health status has the Orioles in search of catching depth.
Dec 23, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Lavarnway has bounced around the waiver wire this offseason after being let go by the Red Sox.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Scott Boras says the Orioles should expect to have Matt Wieters behind the plate when the 2015 regular season opens on April 6.
Dec 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
An unnamed team has reportedly offered a two-year deal to Nick Hundley. It’s not the Orioles.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Quotes from manager Buck Showalter.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:54 PM EDT
Showalter was honored for the third time with three different teams.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Orioles declined their $5 million club option on catcher Nick Hundley, but they would still like to bring him back at a lower price.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
A first in 17 years.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Aug 9, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph has homered in five consecutive games. If he does it again tomorrow, he’ll tie the major league record.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Donaldson leads at his position and Norris and Cespedes are knocking on the door.
Jun 17, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
The Orioles announced Tuesday — via MASN’s Roch Kubatko — that catcher Matt Wieters underwent Tommy John surgery on his injured right elbow in Florida. Dr. James Andrews replaced a ligament in Wieters’ elbow, shaved down a bone spur, and transposed a nerve in a procedure that took about 30 minutes.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
There aren’t any significant changes in the American League All-Star balloting from last week, but tonight’s update shows that there are still quite a few positions up for grabs. Shortstop is one of them.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 114
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)