Apr 10, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
At the earliest.
Mar 28, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
The Orioles will already be without Matt Wieters on Opening Day as he makes his way back from Tommy John surgery and now suddenly J.J. Hardy’s status is also in question.
Mar 21, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Matt Wieters came down with some tendinitis in his elbow earlier this week after catching in a game for the first time since Tommy John surgery and now he’s essentially been ruled out for the start of the season.
Mar 19, 2015, 4:54 PM EDT
He’ll still be shut down for a while as a precautionary measure.
Mar 18, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Wieters’ comeback from Tommy John elbow surgery has hit a snag.
Mar 15, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Matt Wieters is due $8.3 million in 2015 — his final year of salary arbitration — and he can then become a free agent. And it sounds like he will indeed land on the open market next winter.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
Wieters underwent Tommy John elbow surgery in June.
Jan 8, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
Matt Wieters’ uncertain health status has the Orioles in search of catching depth.
Dec 23, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Lavarnway has bounced around the waiver wire this offseason after being let go by the Red Sox.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Scott Boras says the Orioles should expect to have Matt Wieters behind the plate when the 2015 regular season opens on April 6.
Dec 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
An unnamed team has reportedly offered a two-year deal to Nick Hundley. It’s not the Orioles.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Quotes from manager Buck Showalter.
Nov 11, 2014, 6:54 PM EDT
Showalter was honored for the third time with three different teams.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Orioles declined their $5 million club option on catcher Nick Hundley, but they would still like to bring him back at a lower price.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
A first in 17 years.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Aug 9, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph has homered in five consecutive games. If he does it again tomorrow, he’ll tie the major league record.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Donaldson leads at his position and Norris and Cespedes are knocking on the door.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 44
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 12
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 12
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)