Mar 23, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Strasburg has started Opening Day for the Nationals in each of the past three seasons.
Mar 20, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“I have to make a decision based on baseball and what’s best for the 2015 Tigers.”
Mar 16, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Can the Tigers win a fifth straight AL Central title?
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Mar 11, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
And Max Scherzer kept count.
Mar 7, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Tigers haven’t approached David Price about an extension yet, but the lefty expects them to do so sooner rather than later.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann is well aware of the expectations the Nationals face going into the 2015 season.
Mar 5, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper is understandably confident about his team’s chances, but Zack Wheeler thinks the Mets can make things interesting.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
He also (a) wants to emulate Greg Maddux; and (b) asked Sandy Koufax about his curveball.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
Even if Mike Lupica thinks they will be soon.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:34 PM EDT
Most people are high on the Nationals this season, but outfielder Bryce Harper might be the highest of all. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com spoke with Harper on Wednesday …
Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Most players like to cut off contract negotiations once the regular season begins, but David Price would listen to offers if the Tigers want to talk.
Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Feb 10, 2015, 11:40 AM EDT
Teams hate that other teams spend a lot of money and acquire good players. Film at 11.
Feb 10, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Don’t feel too sorry for James Shields.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 6, 2015, 4:19 PM EDT
It’s not personal. It’s business.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Feb 1, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Zack Greinke is allowed to opt out of his six-year, $146 million contract with the Dodgers after the 2015 season. In doing that, the right-hander would be leaving three years and $77 million on the table but …
Jan 25, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT
A nice gesture here from Max Scherzer, who signed a $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals …
Jan 22, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
The Nationals and right-hander Max Scherzer finalized a seven-year, $210 million contract yesterday. We now have some interesting details on the deal.
Jan 22, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
James Shields is still without a home and we can take one team off the list of potential landing spots.
Jan 22, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Seven years, $210 million. Sort of.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EDT
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)