Oct 2, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Oct 2, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
This is the 35th playoff game of Cruz’s career and he’s hit 15 homers with a .709 slugging percentage.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
It’s easy to be selfless when you have a $289 million contract, but this is still cool.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Rick Porcello is in line to start Game 4, with Anibal Sanchez in the bullpen.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“I wouldn’t be afraid to use him at any point in the game, really.”
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Avila has suffered multiple concussions since last season and also missed time earlier this month after taking a foul tip off the mask.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EST
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Multiple industry sources say the Cubs are targeting Lester and will make a run at him this winter, trying to set a foundation piece in the rebuild at Clark and Addison.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an AL West showdown.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Two of those make sense. And why the Angels didn’t claim him on waivers still doesn’t make sense to me.
Aug 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
He’s going to have his pick of landing spots, and Boston is just one of a zillion teams who would like him.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EST
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 8, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
For what it says about the Cubs, not what it says about the Phillies or Cole Hamels.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Aug 4, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
It doesn’t get much better than this.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)