Jan 19, 2015, 12:44 AM EDT
With Max Scherzer in the mix, the Nationals’ starting rotation has the chance to be one of the best in the last 46 years.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT
The Nationals and Max Scherzer have reportedly agreed on a seven-year deal.
Jan 18, 2015, 7:12 PM EDT
Max Scherzer is talking with the Nationals and at least one other team about a seven-year contract.
Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
The Rangers are on the verge of acquiring starter Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Jan 17, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
The Tigers have been connected to free agent starters Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:54 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like the Rangers are going to make a big splash in the free agent pitching market.
Jan 15, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
Even the most innocuous statements from Yankees brass can set the rumor mill ablaze
Jan 9, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
Great Moments in Erosion of Leverage
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Jan 4, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
The Marlins are showing interest in James Shields, though they still hope Dan Haren shows up to spring training.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 PM EDT
No James Shields or Max Scherzer for the Giants, but Ben Zobrist remains an option according to a recent report.
Jan 1, 2015, 10:22 AM EDT
Max Scherzer is thought to have been out of the Tigers’ price range, but a recent report indicates that the Tigers haven’t ruled out bringing him back.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto is set to become a free agent next offseason, but the Reds have a small window of time to convince their ace to stick around for the long-term.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Giants reportedly have no plans to attempt to initiate contract talk with free agent Max Scherzer.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
According to the team president, at least.
Dec 14, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Via’s Nick Cafardo’s Sunday notebook in the Boston Globe …
Dec 13, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
The Cubs came out on top in the Jon Lester sweepstakes earlier this week and they are ready to make the deal official.
Dec 11, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The Yankees may actually be rebuilding and eschewing even moderate-sized deals.
Dec 11, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Is anyone chasing Max Scherzer right now?
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
The market for Scherzer has been pretty quiet at this week’s Winter Meetings so far, but things will likely heat up once Jon Lester is off the board.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (167)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (157)