Oct 2, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
This is the 35th playoff game of Cruz’s career and he’s hit 15 homers with a .709 slugging percentage.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
It’s easy to be selfless when you have a $289 million contract, but this is still cool.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Rick Porcello is in line to start Game 4, with Anibal Sanchez in the bullpen.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“I wouldn’t be afraid to use him at any point in the game, really.”
Sep 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
This was a day of missed opportunities for the Royals.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Avila has suffered multiple concussions since last season and also missed time earlier this month after taking a foul tip off the mask.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EST
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Multiple industry sources say the Cubs are targeting Lester and will make a run at him this winter, trying to set a foundation piece in the rebuild at Clark and Addison.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an AL West showdown.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Two of those make sense. And why the Angels didn’t claim him on waivers still doesn’t make sense to me.
Aug 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
He’s going to have his pick of landing spots, and Boston is just one of a zillion teams who would like him.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EST
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 8, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
For what it says about the Cubs, not what it says about the Phillies or Cole Hamels.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Aug 4, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
It doesn’t get much better than this.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
He’s probably the fifth starter on this Tigers team at the moment. So why not?
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 40
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)